Chapter 46

Jip*: alternative spelling: gyp, jyp, or gip, short for 'Gypsies' and has the meaning of to take unfairly or to rob.

"So what I did was I used the tap code, I took the number in the tens place and used it for the columns part, the number in the ones place is used for the rows." Jin states as he points out his thought process to Rosé and Jimin, "So by using that I got the letters C, Y, B, R, H, I. Using the A1Z26 code, I was able to get two separate acronyms."

"So what were the other letters you got from the A1Z26 method?" Rosé asks and Jin writes down 10 letters.

"J, S, U, and Z were the letters I got from using 10, 19, 21, and 26. The next letters were I, K, and P, I got those by subtracting the other numbers by 10. I got B and G by subtracting 19 to the higher numbers, finally, I got E by subtracting 21 from 26." Jin slowly writes as he speaks, "I was able to make a word and an acronym from this set of letters, the acronym BGE, and the word 'jip*'."

"'Jip?'"

"To steal." Jin says before he writes the acronyms in a specific order, "When I write the acronyms like this, I get a roughly made sentence. CYB means count your blessings. BGE means beyond good and evil. RHI means rumor has it. Then we have the word jip. 'Count your blessings. I'm beyond good and evil. Rumor has it: you've been jipped.'"

"You got all of that from 4 numbers?" Rosé is astonished as she looks at the page, "How is it even possible?"

"It's called a 'compound cypher.' You use different types of coding to hide a message, by using tape coding, A1Z26 coding, and simple math, you can make any message as long as it correlates to each and every type of coding you use." Jin leans back into his chair and sighs in content, "I love educating the youth."

Jimin's eyes are wide in amazement and his lips are slightly parted, "You are a genius."

"Thank you," Jin says as he takes the paper back, "Although, I'm still stuck on these videos that Namjoon made. I've watched every one of them and I don't see any significance in them. There isn't any torture, no killing, it's just a bunch of vlogs."

"Is there anything important about the titles?" Jimin asks when Jin pulls up the videos once more, "Why do they only have one letter?"

"I haven't the slightest idea, they're mainly English consonants except the first four, they're numbers." Jin huffs and he pulls up a crumpled paper sheet, "I've written them all down, but I haven't figured out what it means yet."

Jimin scrunches up his nose before he shrugs, "I'm sure you'll figure it out soon."

"Hopefully," Jin says as he pulls out his phone, "It's CiCi. Hey, Ci!"

"Hey, put me on speaker, will ya?" Jin hums and he holds his phone out for everyone to hear.

"You're on speaker."

"Good, is everyone there?" Jimin immediately runs off to grab Jungkook, Hoseok, and Yoongi.

When the four come rushing to the den, Jin finally confirms that everyone was there.

"Alright, I don't have much time, our trial is going to happen soon. Whatever happens to me and Tae, we won't tell anyone about what you guys are doing. Yoongi, I was able to convince the cops that I bullied you into helping us, you're off the hook."

"CiCi—"

CiCi cut off Yoongi's words, "Jin, I haven't mentioned you because I didn't want you to be stuck in this mess. Whatever sentence Tae and I receive, don't stop looking for Y/N."

"We won't." Jin says and CiCi lets out a shaky sigh.

"You'll hear from me again, whether it's on my cellphone or through the prison phone. I love you all, stay safe, and please... please bring Y/N home." Soft sniffling was heard on her end and Yoongi clears his throat.

"We'll find her, we promise." Yoongi says confidently and Jimin steals a wary glance towards him.

"Good... good." There was a long pause before a sharp huff goes through the speaker, "I have to go, good luck to you all, I'll pray for you."

"I wish for the best," Jin and Yoongi say before CiCi drops the call. Everyone's head is hung low and a long wave of silence engulfs everyone. Jin rubs his hands over his face and Yoongi blinks rapidly, fighting back tears that's begun to form. His and Jin's faces turn a shade of pink before Yoongi abruptly stands and storms out the house, angrily slamming the front door behind him.

"You guys stay here, I'll go check on him." Jin gets up from his chair and calmly exits the house. The younger four did as they were told and sat in silence, their heads still bowed as angry shouting echoes through the house.

"It's not fair!" They all flinch at how Yoongi's voice was cracking, making it obvious he was crying, "All they wanted was to help people! And look at what the people do! Throw them behind bars like some caged animal! Is that how people treat average heroes? People who actually try their damned hardest to show the world that not all people are bad? To show some fucking compassion and act when someone shows up missing?"

Jin's response was too muffled to hear, but everyone could tell that he was crying as well.

Jungkook shifted to envelop Hoseok in a comforting hug, Jimin doing the same to Rosé.

"Yoongi's right," Rosé whispers as she holds onto Jimin's arm, "It's not fair at all. What did they do to even be considered to have jail time? To me, their good deeds outweigh their bad ones."

"You've never been to prison!" Yoongi's hoarse voice screeches, "You don't know how things are run in one! It's hell, Jin! You have no rights in jail! Taehyung and CiCi don't belong there!"

Jin's voice matches Yoongi's escalation, "And what the hell do you think you can do about it, Yoongi? You think you can break them out of prison? Do your 'gang' members have connections in prison? Oh wait, they can't, because they don't fucking exist!" Jin's jagged breaths made his body shake, he points to the door and gives Yoongi a hard glare, "So get your ass back into the house, we can't do anything for anyone just standing here. We made a promise to CiCi, honor it."

Yoongi drops his gaze to the ground and walks back into the house, closing the door behind him. Jin takes in a deep breath before his entire body shakes and he lets go of his pent up emotions. He crouches down and places his face in his hands as he cries silently, hot tears pooling in his palms.

"I'm sorry," Jin whispers, wishing that CiCi and Taehyung could hear his voice, "This shouldn't be happening to you."

Yoongi briskly walks back to his assigned room, ignoring the four other people curled into each other.

Once he's in the safe confinement of his room, Yoongi throws a tantrum. He rips his blanket off the bed and throws the pillow as hard as possible to the opposite wall of the room. He marches to his desk and flings off every book and sheet of paper to the floor.

Yoongi grips his hair harshly, he drops to his knees and tries to suppress his angry shouting. He grunts as he takes breaths and digs his fingers deeper to his scalp. Tears dripped from the tip of his nose as he bends closer and closer to the floor.

Yoongi opens his eyes before grabbing the flung pillow and pressing it against his face. He screams, as loud as he can, until he runs out of air, only to take a breath and do it all over again. His shoulders shake as he streams curses into the pillow. He screams and screams until his throat is completely raw and he can no longer cry. Yoongi holds the pillow close to his chest, he lays on the floor and curls up into a ball.

"I'm sorry," Yoongi's voice cracks as a few stray tears drip to the floor, "If only I could take your place..."

________________________________

A/N: I'm pretty sure absolutely nobody actually reads these. But anyways, if you try to understand my thought process in the picture and understand my scribbled handwriting (I don't usually write so poorly, but I was so focused on finding solutions that I no longer cared how it looked, as long as I could read it) then you'll see that I tried my best with this whole decoding thing. I've never tried doing a compound cypher before, and this is probably not how you do it at all 😂 but I attempted it!