Superman

Hey ya'll! I am having some bitter sweet thoughts and emotions right now because I go back to school on Thursday and its my senior year. So I'm happy to have my last year but I'm also sad because it is my last year, lol. I dont know how to feel right now. Anyway, Hope ya'll enjoy!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's kind of pathetic really, me sitting here, hoping and praying that someone will come and save the day. Kind of like my own personal Superman. As long as I could remember I would sit out on my fire escape up at my apartment, and I would look up at the sky as my Mom and Dad were fighting, and I would wonder what it would be like to have Peter Pan come into my room and fly me off to Neverland. Kind of stupid, I know. But Peter Pan was my favorite Disney movie because of that reason. I envied Wendy.

Then as I got older I realized that Peter Pan wasn't real, so I went for something that I thought was, Superman. What I would have done to be swept off my feet and flown to only God knows where, that's what I dreamed about every night. When I woke up in the morning I would only be disappointed because reality sunk in and I realized that it was only just a dream.

That was when I was five and ten years old. Now I'm twenty one, living in my own apartment in the city and trying to finish up art school, and I still cant help but think what it would be like to have my very own Clark Kent in my life. Someone who could take me away and get my mind off of things. Sure, after my mom married Shawn things became different, things became better. But life's problems just dont go away like that, they come back at you even stronger.

I sigh as I run my hands through my hair, I give my art project one last look over before I take a sip of my water and call it a night. I only had one more year left at NYU and then I could graduate and pursue my dream of being an art teacher and opening up a studio on the side. It's not much, I know. But its what I want, and it pays the bills. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a loud consistent knocking at my door. I smiled thinking it was Riley to come watch a late movie with me like we did every Saturday night.

I wiped my hands on the apron that I had on to protect me from the paint that would undoubtedly get on me. I chuckled at my appearance as I passed the mirror that was in the corner of my living room. I had paint on my forehead as my hair was up in a messy bun with strings running down it. I was in some sweat pants and an old T that had holes in it, and my apron and hands had paint all over them. If it was anyone else outside of that door besides Riley, I would be having a mini panic attack. I go over to my door and open it with a smile on my face, only to have that smile turn into shock as I look to see who is at my door.

"Hey." Hey, I haven't seen this man in almost two years and he says hey? I just stare at him with my eyes huge. I didnt know what to do, I didnt know what to say. That famous smirk made its way onto his face as he took in my appearance. "Can I come in?" He asked. I swallowed hard as my grip on the door loosened a little.

"Um, S-sure." I stuttered, of course I did. I was never able to speak properly around him. I moved out of the way so he could walk past me with his hands in his pockets. I took a deep breath and closed my door before turning to face him only to see that his eyes were already on me. I gave him a small smile as the shock was starting to ware off. "Whats up?" I shrugged my shoulders. He let out a small chuckle as he as well shrugged his shoulders.

"I was in the city and I thought I would stop by and see you." He told me. I looked at the ground and nodded my head knowing he wasn't exactly telling the truth. "You look good." I snapped my head up at him and let out a dry laugh.

"Maybe to a rainbow." I said but then inwardly cringed because of how stupid that just sounded. He smiled as he looked away from me and down to a picture of me and Riley on my eighteenth birthday, a picture that he took. I tilted my head at him as I looked at the emotion dance across his face. "Why are you really here, Josh?" I asked. Josh looked over at me and sighed before running a hand through his hair and sitting on my couch.