Chapter 25: Hell of a Ride

Samantha's POV

"Hey, you all right?" Alec asked me from the behind.

"Yeah, kinda." I sighed, how can you be all right after everything that happened like 5 minutes ago?!

"Listen, about what happened-" I cut him off by saying, "Whatever happened, it was a turn of events and clearly a mistake."

I saw him clenching his jaw, hard.

"Right...that was a mistake." he small smiled but something was bit different.

"So, we are cool right?" I asked wishing he will let it go.

"Yeah, absolutely." he laughed lightly and I smiled.

"Hey, you hungry?" he asked and I nodded my head.

"Then let's go downstairs."

"Okay."

When we were cascading downstairs, I asked him the very question that I was holding it.

"Alec, where is your mom by the way?" I asked.

"She died when I was little." he said like it was no big deal, I so regret asking that, stupid me!

"I'm so sorry for your loss." I said quietly.

"Don't be." he said curtly.

Doesn't he feel anything? Or is he over it? Ugh!! Stop thinking too much.

"Hey, you guys are just in time, I'm making some cookies. Till then take a seat." Martha said and we took the seat near the kitchen counter.

We were patiently, no one talking, with a comfortable silence because Alec was busy scrolling on his phone.

I decided to tie my hair up with my scrunchie, so I did. I don't like my hair flowing down all the time and I know most of the girls love that but I just don't.

"Okay kids, it's ready!" Martha came cheering and I have to tell you, the smell was amazing!!

"Alec, I'll throw your phone outside if you don't start eating right now." Martha glared at him, "Fine." he rolled his slid it into his pocket.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.
Martha is the only one who can tame him.

"Mmmm..Martha, it's so delicious!" I said when my taste buds exploded.

"Thank you, honey." she smiled.

I'm so jealous of Alec right now, because he has the best cookies of the world in his home, it's better than my mom. Seriously.

"You can take it home too, if you want." Martha said.

"Yeah you sh-" Alec stopped mid sentence as his widens, wait what?
And suddenly he burst out into laughter.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked him but he didn't stop laughing.

"N-no i-it's-" he couldn't even complete the sentence when he again started laughing hard. I was becoming more and more confused.

"Oh fuck!" he said catching his breath.

"Language." Martha scolded him, but I still didn't understood.

I rolled my eyes at him, he will always remain a asshole. After our break was over we went back to his room and this time I kept my distance from him, don't wanna be distracted and ahem.... you know.

A few hours later~~

"What do you mean you can't come?!" I nearly yelled through my phone to Matt, who said he can't come and I have to go home myself, my dad will kill me if he finds out.