Chapter 18, Man Candy

At this point, I don't have any nails left to chew

At this point, I don't have any nails left to chew. They're all gone. Somewhere on the floor probably. Like my dignity after losing my gang leader.

"Do you think an Amber alert is when a child has gone missing?" Ryan asks his twin.

"Or is it when we're alerted that Amber is gone," Bryan adds.

I let out a hopeless sigh and my head drops into my hands. I can't handle the stress. The idea of Amber with the North. What could they be doing to her right now? I bet Xavier spiked Amber's drink at Club Cube so he can kidnap her...

"I swear, if we don't get Amber back, my hair will start falling out... and, and if my hair starts falling out, I will literally die," Lynch bubbles while pacing up and down the kitchen. I glance at the soon to be 16 year old boy and notice that his hair, does on fact, look a little more down.

"If I ever see Xavier again, I will kill him with my bare hands," Blake growls. He leans against the counter and has his fists balled up. Ready for a fight.

"According to statistics, you'll have to hold him for at least three minutes if you want to choke him to death and well, I haven't seen you working on your fitness. It'll take a lot of strength to hold someone older than you for three minutes," Myra observes. She still has her purple wig on, but I notice she swapped her contacts for her glasses.

I might not be the sharpest pencil when it comes to figuring things out, but something about Myra just showing up randomly - in need of a place to stay, is fishy... I make a note to look into the situation later - she might be a spy.

Damn, I should go boxing again soon. I need to get rid of all the tension inside of me.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings.

We all look up - startled and slowly, move to the foyer. It can be Goldy, but it can also be someone else. Someone not welcome. When all of us creep our way to the foyer and stare at the door, you can hear a pin drop in the room. With a startling bang, the door gets kicked open and we all duck.

"Can't any of you guys open a bloody door?" Goldy asks. We look up and she's framed perfectly by the sunset behind her. Sean is right beside her and I wonder why our driver was outside.