Chapter 20, Hunting snakes

A/N: Remember that none of the ships are set in stone

A/N: Remember that none of the ships are set in stone. If it is obvious, it's because I still have the Kraken coming for y'all ships. Perhaps votes and comments will make me show a little mercy.

 Perhaps votes and comments will make me show a little mercy

Escaped. Jaacobah escaped while Marigold and I were racing. I don't cross out the possibility of Marigold being connected to the event of course. You can't dare to underestimate that girl. She's made of sarcasm, wit and insults - which I've learned can be lethal.

"We hunt him down?" Daniel asks.

"Get my maroon suit," I reply in answer.

Daniel has his usual wicked grin when he leaves. He just loves it when I beat the shit out of people. Always, whenever I torture someone or hunt them down, Daniel always has a grin and I wonder if it's his kink. The pink furry handcuffs he had tells me I must be on the right track.

"We're going after the South alone? No help from Sterling?" Jack asks as he finally pockets his phone. The South has their walls up high. Maybe I'll give another go at it later.

"Yes, Jack, or should I say, Frosty," I muse to myself after I heard the nickname that Sean guy gave my hacker. "Marigold needs time. I'm already pushing her with the marriage thing. We'll get help from Sterling after the Annual Masquerade. I gave her time until then. For now, we go after Jaacobah ourselves.

"He's long gone by now," Jack reasons.

"Of course he is," I reply, "he's probably already in the Southern sewers like a rat. We'll have to wait him out. When we hear a shift in the wind from the South, we make our move. In the meantime, I want you watching every security camera there is. Look out for Jaacobah like a hawk. If he happens to return to school, we'd have to wait until her leaves the area again. The treaty clearly states we cannot attack on neutral ground."

"Where's Nessa?" Daniel asks when he enters the room again with my favorite maroon suit hanging over his arm.

"Hand that to the new maid. Molly or Polly, I think her name is. She specializes in suits," I instruct Daniel. He nods before leaving again. 

"Strange that he'd care where Nessa is," Jack comments.

"Is it really?" I ask Jack with a raised eyebrow.