Chapter 46

Ice Cream Date 

The ice cream parlour we entered is brand new and there are a lot of people here as well just for that small cold heavenly food. Even I became excited at the sight of it and what's amazing is I will be the one who has the power to design my own ice cream and how many toppings I want.

Jeez, I suddenly became too hungry for it.

Caius was the one who is excited. He even fasten up his pace to get in line faster than the kids.

A soft laugh came out from me at the sight and followed behind him.

He puts me in first once he felt me standing near him and let me choose my ice cream first.

Choosing my own, I picked the matcha ice cream, sprinkled it with chocolate powder, walnuts, cookie crumbles, chocolate chips, chocolate syrup and more rice crispies. The ice cream is over flowing my cup and it just makes me want to eat it more.

I was busy admiring my cup until I realise that Caius was already done with his and his cup is way bigger than mine.

He is so cute.

He's like a kid but the scene fits him causing him to look even more handsome in my eyes.

"What?" he noticed me staring at him.

I shook my head and let out a soft laugh before searching for a table to sit into. It's funny, the only vacant table for us is surrounded by family. Each one of them had a baby sitting in a high chair and it kinda weirds me out but not in a bad way though.

Caius and I will soon have a baby too and someday it will be the three of us together present here. Jeez, a fire of excitement suddenly erupts through my nerves and I am starting to look forward to that day where I will have an angel in my arms. I hope that little one resemblances Caius because it would be so cute.

I silently sat down at the empty table and Caius followed. We were sitting there and enjoying the sweeytaste of heavenly ice cream but I can't seem to take my eyes off to the adorable little
boy scooping some chocolate ice cream that is too big for his mouth so it ends up that his lips is covered with chocolate. It is so cute that I can't help but laugh every time his mom would wipe them off.

"Who are you looking at?" He asked, turning his head over his shoulder to look behind him.

"That kid is just so adorable. See, they look like a happy family." I murmured, smiling at their direction.

Caius rolls his eyes and cups my chin then turn my face to his. "Stop admiring other family, Shanaya. Ours will be so much better." he stated, his eyes with seriousness.

I laughed at him and slowly just appreciates the moment. It just feels so brightful that we will soon have something like that as well without any hindrances and people blocking our way.

It was a very cute ice cream date. It's like we are back to the old times but lighter this time.

On our way home, Caius drives me home and and I didn't want to move my legs yet. Because once I got back to the house, it feels like there is a problem again. Every part of the house just reminds me of Caius and I don't want to share him with Laureen for now. He's mine.

I want him to stay by my side only.

I got down from the car and Caius has been receiving calls that he keeps on ignoring. I have no idea who it is, not sure if it is from work or it is from Laureen but I would really be angry if he leaves me alone over something.

He was aboht to enter our house when his phone starts ringing again.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" I bitterly replied, walking ahead of him.

"No." he stated, closing the door behind him. "I have no more business with her actually."

My eyebrow touched. "What? Are you referring Laureen?"

"To be honest with you, I tried my best to recall and ask Laureen about that night that she is referring that something happened between us but no...I am positive that it is not my child, Shanaya. I wanted to be clear and sure before telling it to you but...I can't take it anymore. I miss my wife so much that I am ready to leave everything just for you." Caius closed the gap between us to stand in front of me and kissed me.

My whole body trembles. As if he losing control now.

Earlier, his eyes hold seriousness and courage but now, there is softness and fear in them.

"Caius..." I pulled away from him, but his eyes are tightly closed. My hands crawled up to his face and caressed his cheek, signalling him to look at me. "Let us cross the bridge when we get there. We have so many what ifs...what if the baby is yours? What if the baby is not yours?"

"Shanaya, its been a week without speaking to you...if one more day passed and we haven't had an improvement, I might go insane. I need you by my side and I want to be with you even after the baby is born." He leaned his forhead on top of mine, his eyes are still closed as if he is holding something back.

"Why are you saying all of this now?" I asked, letting out a small laugh.

"Because I fear something is gonna happen." He mentioned. "Just don't leave me, Shanaya. I need you with me."

I nodded and smiled, raising my chin to place a quick kiss on his forehead. "I won't leave you, Caius. I will stay."

As soon as the words came out of my mouth, the tension in his face fades away as he paces to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. Its very unusual to see Caius this emotional but I am very happy that he is very honest with me but I don't want him to feel scared that I will leave him because I won't.

I already decided that I will stay with him...so far. I want to stay as his wife and he will be the Dad of our child. I won't let Laureen get the victory to win over and take him just like how she wanted. I just do not know the real thing on Gale's side. It is still not clear to all of us if he is involved in Laureen and my situation. 

To be continued...

Sorry for the short update guys. I just feel like I needed to update for now but I will update the next one as soon as I can. God bless everyone! 

College is really stressful though. I'm so proud to those people who finished college without problems. huhu. Wish me luck!