Chapter 5-Sadistic Flirting

Word Count: 1836

Dawn Turner

"Are you crazy? Get out of here!" I yelled and tried to cover myself with the short dress I picked up. I'd be lying if I said that dress made any difference.

"Oh please don't flatter yourself like that. I couldn't care less about whatever you have going on down there." He said, staring straight into my eyes. My jaw dropped in disbelief. How did he manage to turn this around on me?

And even if he's just staring at my face, it's still creepy to walk in on someone while they're getting dressed.

If only I had a pan right now...

"Not that this makes things any less creepy but, moving on. Would you mind letting me get dressed first before you kill me in whichever kind way you please?" I gave him the nicest smile I could master.

He raised his brows at me. "You don't seem to be afraid of me anymore. Did smacking me in the face a couple times give you false hope that maybe you'll defeat me and make it out alive in the end?" The fallen angel asked innocently.

"Oh, not at all. I just saw you make 3 men fall dead to the ground without even touching them, had butterflies appear out of nowhere to attack me on demand, and then proceed to disappear into thin air twice. So excuse me if I've accepted my fate a little too fast for your liking and want you to just kill me already." Despite trying to sound calm, I could tell my voice came out shaky when he shot me an arrogant smile. I wish I had his disappearing abilities because I would've been long gone by now but unfortunately, not all of us are born special.

"I don't know... Hearing that just makes me want to keep you alive even more and torture you as slowly as I could before killing you." I shot him my coldest glare and flipped him off. "Speaking of torturing you slowly, did you think of me much during your interview?" He asked sarcastically.

I gasped loudly and pointed my finger at him accusingly. "I knew it was you." Of course it was him.

I know I'm not the smartest person in this world, or even this mall, but I knew there was no way I heard the wrong thing three times and all three words being related to him as well. It had to be his doing.

"Did you, now?" He leaned against the wall of the cubicle we were in.

"Yes, I did actually. So what did you do then? Take over her body?" I asked him knowingly.

I'm think I'm finally starting to understand what this man is actually capable of.

"What am I? A ghost?" He rolled his eyes.

Well damn. I guess I still don't understand anything then.

"I may or may not have done a little 9 hour research on fallen angels and saw that you can take the image of human beings if you wanted." Maybe if I told him about the research I did last night, he wouldn't think I'm as dumb.

"Oh you did a research about me, love? Be careful or I might start thinking you're in love with me." He faked a smiled then placed a hand on his heart. I've hated a lot of men in my life but he is, by far, the worst.

"As if I would ever fall in love with you." I rolled my eyes at his stupid words. "I was just looking for ways to defend myself from you." And I'd be lying if I told you I found anything.

You see, I don't think anyone has gone through what I'm going through right now. I was able to find information about fallen angels easily but I couldn't really find anything about getting rid of them.