(Lucien Lachance) Tricked To Kill

Requested by: mamaoceanowo
Art by Erika-Xero from deviantart
————
The inn was quieter than usual. Thanks to its location which already was in an almost isolated area. However to its quiet and discreet location, it was infamously visited by most notorious of bandits. And like always, a trio of bandits were sitting at the table near the fire, laughing and drinking away like oafs.
Lucien eased his posture on the chair, crossing his arms over his chest as his longish dark hair slid gracefully by his gaunt cheeks before falling still. No one suspected that a member of the Black Hand was spending time in such a lesser known place. Just let down the scary hood and glare, if asked about the dark clothing, just say that I'm mourning. Always works. Lucien smiled to himself as he glanced around, possibly his perceptive eyes looking for a potential assassin. But looking at the bandits, his hopes diminished to nothingness. If not for a possible killer, a good drink perhaps. Lucien toasted slightly to that quote before finishing his drink.
The cozy fire had caught his gaze but nothing like the beauty that was about to steal that gaze.

The door creaked open, welcoming a hooded woman of small frame and a set of piercing eyes. It was apparent that she was a thief if not then any kind of shady character, but she walked with a grace and confidence of a knight, her presence demanding attention wherever she went. The bandits stared at her a long while even after she found a table far away from them, before they began talking amongst themselves.
Lucien felt an interest rising in his heart, he knew a killer when he saw one. Even if her blade was never bathed in innocent blood, he knew that she was the best kind of killers. The Speaker's eyes darted towards the dagger that carelessly hung from the woman's waist, he thought of a plan before Lucien picked up the steel blade without her knowing. Then he proceeded to dip it in a rather dangerous poison before putting it back.
Lucien smiled and eagerly sat back like a mastermind watching his plan unfold.

After a while, the two bandits left the inn and kept their nord bandit friend behind. Possibly to guard their weapons that they were leaving behind. The nord muttered some nonsense before the other two bandits left.
Soon the nord stood up and began to walk around, tumbling against the walls occasionally. It appeared that he looked for the innkeeper but stopped when he found the young thief sitting nearby.
The nord sat by her, while hiccuping he said "Hey there pretty, 'ow about I buy you a drink" the nord laughed
"This isn't your table" she replied, glaring
"I know hic, but thish ain't your house too" he laughed even louder before he squeezed her wrist and began to pull her towards him.
As an act of defense, the thief injured the bandit's wrist with her dagger.
The bandit winced back in pain before cursing up a storm... then slowly fell lifeless on the floor. The woman gasped at the sight, she never intended to kill him and was unaware of the little trick done to her blade from Lucien.

The woman looked at her surroundings, she sighed of relief to find the innkeeper missing but soon her breath was stuck in her throat when she looked into Lucien's gaze. The Speaker smiled slightly at her before he stood up and left the inn. "What have I gotten myself into?" The thief sighed as the door closed shut leaving her alone with the corpse and silence.
She knew that she couldn't be around here for too long, sooner or later someone would show up and they would see the dead body with her. The thief had to escape. (Y/n) stood up and glanced around, before she quickly walked out from the inn and took her horse, far, far away. In the hopes leaving this place behind and never to be found out.

Days had passed since she traveled from that inn, a tiring journey of little food and water, and no rest. Soon her horse had grown weary and refused to go ahead. Giving up on the stubbornness of the mare, she let it go about and graze while she could catch on some much needed sleep.
The slumber was peaceful for a few moments until she felt a cold shadow loom over, as she opened her eyes, she saw a darkly attired man with that same chilling smile from the inn. She thought that she was dreaming until she felt the end of his robe on her ankle and heard him talk.
"You have a rather peaceful and careless slumber for a murderer" he uttered "as if completely uncaring of the soul that you left for the Void Father... good, it is always encouraging to see such an efficient killer" he smiled
"Who are you?! How do you know of this?" The thief shouted as she quickly stood up
"Oh where are my manners, I'm Lucien Lachance, a Speaker for the Black Hand and recruiter of assassins for the Dark Brotherhood" he courteously bowed his head
"I never meant to harm anyone, that bandit had gotten out of control and I simply acted in my defense... I never intended for anyone to die" she sighed and looked at Lucien "so you are here to kill me? I suppose I've earned it" she looked at her blades "but I'm not stepping down without a fight, if I'm defeated then you may send my soul to your Void Father" then she unsheathed her daggers and braced herself for any attacks.

Lucien laughed at the gesture and her words, he took her daggers from her with ease and began inspecting them
"You talk like a chivalrous knight, all for the shine but none for the brain" he slowly walked around her "yes I agree that I may have poisoned your blade while you weren't looking and kind of tricked you to kill... so that you can join the Dark Brotherhood and be a proper assassin" when Lucien noticed the glares from her, he quickly added "and so much more, you will be known for your cruelty, no one would even want to be under your shadow or your gaze... you will walk with your head high" he lifted her chin with the tip of her dagger and looked her in the eyes.
There was confusion and fear, all her life she had heard of the Dark Brotherhood but to be contacted and asked to join by them was entirely different.
"I... will consider it..." she finally replied, trying to get her blades back from him
"A wise choice but unless you have a proper blade, nothing is going to help you" Lucien produced a dark blade encrusted with gold "take this blade, and choose your kill" there was no mistaking that chilling smile when the thief took the blade from him.

Through the dark cryptic door, she had finally entered the sanctuary. Only to find it empty, she looked around for a while but there wasn't any other assassin or people around. There was the sound of the door opening again, she rushed out from the chambers and saw Lucien standing at the gateway. Seeing her, he was a little surprised "I thought you would never make it here" he grinned "impressive, now we can talk..."
"Wait, where are all the other members?" She asked
"They will be here in time, as for you, I would like to congratulate you for your second kill" Lucien walked up to her
"Hmph... there was never a reason to kill the innocent..." she crossed her arms and looked away from him
"There always is a reason... but not a proper one" Lucien held her head and turned her gaze towards him "it'd be... mutually beneficial if you realize it quickly" he smirked
"I almost loathe my decision of coming here" she frowned
"That you do my knight, but for how long are you going to stay that way? You will be a Silencer... my personal assassin" Lucien whispered tauntingly
"We will see" she glared.
For what seemed like hours they stood there as close as lovers, glaring into each other's eyes before Lucien heard the door opening
"We shall meet at your next kill, assassin" he mockingly smiled before disappearing into thin air.
"Assassin my foot" she gritted her teeth before going to greet the members of the Brotherhood.