Foxfire Dance Pt. 1

Keefe's POV:

"Your not going anywhere." Grady told him as he started to fish out his home crystal.

Edaline gave him an apologetic smile before walking up the rest of the stairs to where Sophie was sleeping.

"Not before I talk to you."

Keefe rolled his eyes; bracing for a major talk about how if he tried to kiss Sophie he'd sic Gigantor on him.

But instead he said, "I'm sorry I was mean to you for awhile."

Keefe stared blankly at him.

"It's cool," Keefe finally told him. "No one can be Mr. perfect. Even me!"

Keefe could tell Grady was repressing a sigh before saying: "The main thing I wanted to tell you was..."

Here it comes... Keefe thought.

"That Sophie deserves someone like you." He said.

Keefe smile deflated.

Was this Grady...? His words hit a soft spot in his heart that made his mind fill with happy things.

"Thanks Grady," Keefe said, really meaning it.

They stood there in uncomfortable silence before Grady smiled.

"Now you'd better get home before I change my mind about Sophie going to the dance."

Keefe smiled and pulled out his home crystal and said, "Yes, sir," before the light pulled him away.

* * *

Keefe was now at home getting ready for the dance.

He slipped on a white long-sleeved, button-up undershirt. Then he put on a fancy silver and red jerkin. Next, he grabbed his hair-brush and brushed through it, then ran his hand through it while adding gel and hair-spray; fixing his hair perfectly. Lastly, he slipped on some walnut brown boots and took one last look in the mirror before going to the Leapmaster.

He and Sophie had already talked about him not going to Havenfield, but instead waiting at school. Keefe wasn't exactly thrilled with that plan, but Sophie had insisted. (And he had to do what she said.)

Once Keefe got to the Leapmaster and stepped on the platform, he mumbled, "Here we go," before yelling "Foxfire!" The crystal swirled quickly before the Foxfire crystal lowered and created a beam of light.

Keefe took a beep breath before stepping in.

Keefe arrived outside of Foxfire and looked around.

The outside wasn't decorated too much, except for a few glowing orange streamers handing from the trees. A mentor stood outside directing everyone into the gym.

Keefe followed the crowd of people as they went into the gym. Once he entered he gawked at the scene.

There were hundreds of circle-tables with white sheets over them. There was a vase in the middle of each table with white flowers and there were candles on each table as well. The lights were dimmed and the only light was the spotlights and some orange glowing ivy vines lined on the walls.

Many people came in and sat down, but Keefe stayed near the front of the gym waiting for Sophie.

One minute...

Two minutes...

Three minutes...

Four Minutes...

On the fifth minute he went to get some lushberry juice from the dining table, and when he turned around his eyes met with a girl in a silver plated flowy red dress, with straight blonde and a bit of glittery earrings and make-up on.

But none of that mattered.

Even with all of the extra things, Sophie was still the prettiest girl in the room.

And nothing could change his mind.