Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Julia's POV

I walk into the massage parlour, looking for Max. It's been a week since we've hung out, and I thought I'd just come here instead of going to another party tonight.

"Hi, I'm looking for Max. Is he here?" I ask.

"Yes. He's busy with a client but he should be done soon. You can sit on the couch and wait for him if you'd like?" the receptionist says with a smile.

I nod and smile back at her. "Thanks." I sit down on the brown leather couch and pull out my phone, scrolling through Instagram while I wait for him.

I hear Max's voice and so I look up, and find a girl pulling on his jacket. "That was amazing. Thank you," the girl whispers and smiles. He nods and smiles back, and then my whole world stops spinning when she pulls him closer and kisses him.

It suddenly feels like a huge weight has fallen on my heart and is now weighing down my entire body. He places his hands on her waist and she moves even closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

I stare at them as they kiss shamelessly. My throat closes up and I start to feel like I can't breathe.

Holy shit, why did I not see this coming?

He basically warned me that he was going to cheat. He said he doesn't believe in love and moves from girl to girl so that he doesn't get hurt and that is exactly what he is doing.

He saw me, he went out with me, he got me and now he is over it. I'm such an idiot. How could I have been so blind? Diana even warned me about the type of guy he is, but I didn't listen.

I should have listened.

The girl he is kissing is so beautiful. She has long dark hair and olive skin. My lip quivers slightly and I stand up, tears filling my eyes.

You stupid, stupid, stupid girl.

God, I just want to rip my heart right out of my chest, to make this horrible and painful feeling go away. A tear slips down my cheek but I quickly wipe it away.

The receptionist clears her throat awkwardly, watching me with sympathy in her eyes. "Uh, Max, there's someone here to see you..." she says slowly.

Max pulls away from the kiss and glances at the receptionist, and then his eyes move across the room and land on me. His lips part and his eyes widen in shock. "Julia," he whispers and shakes his head.

My brain screams at me to run as fast as I can, but my feet stay glued to the ground. Max slowly walks to me. He watches me and stays silent for a really long time. "Nothing happened in there, I swear. I didn't expect her to kiss me out here."

I nod and glance at my feet, wishing they'd let me leave. I don't want to hear his stupid and pathetic excuses. He kissed her back.

"I should have seen it coming. This was just another one of your games. This is exactly how you make every other girl you've been with feel, and then you move on, right? You just humped and dumped me."

"No. No, I promise you, Julia. It's not like that. You're not like those girls. It's not like I slept with you. It wasn't a game. This wasn't meant to happen."

"You don't get it, sleeping with you means nothing. I actually cared about you. I had feelings for you and that is way more than sex. The only part that wasn't meant to happen was the part where you get caught, right? Congratulations, you got what you wanted." My feet finally let go and allow me to move, and I walk outside without looking back.

"What do you mean I 'got what I want'?" he asks, running out after me.

I continue to walk back to the school, feeling like I'm breaking down inside. This was my mistake, not Max's. I shouldn't have caught feelings for him this fast, I shouldn't have gone out with him, I shouldn't have given him a second chance and I definitely should have listened and stayed far away.

He grabs onto my wrist and stops me from walking. "Come on, Julia, if you just listen and let-"

"Why? You don't care. You don't believe in love. You wanted this to happen." Tears start falling down my face. "You get to move on without thinking twice and now I'm just another girl to tick off your list, right? You played me. You fucking win!"

I pull my wrist and of his grasp and keep walking.

"That's not true. I care about you. She kissed me. I didn't-"

"You put your hands on her waist. You kissed her back," I say, cutting him off.

"That was just out of instinct. I'm sorry. It isn't like that. I swear, the only girl that matters is you. You have to believe me."

I stop walking, not able to see because of the constant tears filling my eyes. I wipe them away, but more fill their place.

All these emotions of anger and sadness and frustration and pain flow over my body, making me want to scream.

Max walks up in front of me and watches me, waiting for a response. When I don't say anything for a really long time, he sighs. "You have to believe me. I care about you. I love-"

"Don't bother, Max. I get it. You don't have to try and get me to understand. You got what you wanted. Game over."

~~*~~

Hmm...

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG