Chapter 48

You were happily humming as you straighten up around the house. Namjoon had went to go to the store while Jiho stayed and helped you clean the nice home. Jiho has been rather reserved since the night of your incident with him, it shocked him when you had told him you wanted to go shopping with him. Ever since he touched you, you ran into Namjoon's arms and stayed as far as possible yourself. It hurt him how distant you were, but he was aware that he caused it.

He always screwed things up and he was tired of it.

"Y/N?" Jiho asks softly and you turn to look at him, your youthful and joyful gaze finally returned to your eyes and his heart strings pulled a little, "I'm so sorry..."

"There's nothing to be sorry about," You smile and Jiho shakes his head.

"No, no, what I did to you was unacceptable! It's eating me up, I really don't know what the hell I was thinking... but I'm so, so sorry!" Jiho bites his wavering lips and shakes his head before he walks away to his room.

"Wait!" Jiho hears you running after him, and he has no choice but to slam his studio door in your face. He locks the door and tells you to go away, he doesn't move from the door until you actually left.

Jiho sighs before he eases himself into his rolling chair and stares at his latest work. If there was anything to take his mind away from you, it was his music.

Jiho takes a pencil and pulls out a piece of paper that he's finished a long time ago, She's a Baby stares back at him in written calligraphy. He wrote the song for you, it took him a long time, but he was finally able to convey what he felt into words. He smiles to himself as he reads over the words.

Jiho lightly taps the beat of the song with his pencil on the desk and his free hand against his thigh. Jiho closes his eyes as he sings the song like he planned to, only he never published the song like he did others, this song was special.

This song was meant for your ears only.

Jiho leans back into his chair and lazily moves side to side, he finishes his singing and looks out into space, "If only you'd say 'I love you' like you used to." Jiho smiles sadly as he twirls his pencil between his fingers as he pulls out a fresh sheet of paper.

You heard his words, he thought you had left, but you hid with your back against the wall. You heard his song, you thought it was magnificent, you had no idea Jiho was capable of writing something so well. To Jiho, you'll always be his baby. No matter what happens between either of you, he still sees you the same way he did when you were children. He said that he was your baby, and you agree. This man throws tantrums like a small child.

You smile to yourself while shaking your head, you straighten up from your crouched position and go back to the cleaning.

"Anything to make them happy." You sing to yourself as you finish up dusting and organizing Namjoon's books on the coffee table.

Your heart leaps when you hear the front door open and a large smile appears on your face.

"Joonie!" You cheer as you rush over to the man carrying bags of groceries that were hooked on his arms, "What took you so long?"

"I had to go to different stores to save money on food." Namjoon relaxes his arms a bit as you take some of the weight off of him, "Getting enough food for multiple people isn't really kind to my wallet."

You only hum in response as you help Namjoon put the groceries away. You took the seasonings and dry ingredients to put on the top shelf. You wrinkle your brow as you stand on your toes to be able to push the items in the far back.