Trouble ~ Jay

You were on your way back from school. You hadn't seen Nya in a few days which was a good sign since the last meeting. Jay probably found out and told her she was wasting her time.

Personally, you couldn't feel better. Your friends were weirded out by your incredible bounce back, insisting that you should have at least shed one tear but you denied it saying that you couldn't afford to look as pitiful as those TV girls.

You wanted to be the hero. You wanted to be the person the people will root for, even though no one will know your tale.

You wanted to live life in a way you'd never spend even one second regretting.

That's why you couldn't resist investigating when you heard whimpers in the alleyway. You crept towards the sounds, stepping lightly and sticking close to the wall when you saw a body being thrown across the passage and stifled a gasp.

The woman groaned and the man walked closer, grabbing her by the hair.

"This is what you get for stopping my men from getting their hands on that device."

She panted, "You would've sold incredibly important information to the highest bidder who would've broken out every prisoner."

Your eyes widened, seeing how beat up the Ninja of Water was. You could barely recognize her.

'Why isn't she fighting back?' You wondered until you noticed the fenstone shackles on her feet. She probably couldn't even move, let alone defend herself.

"That's why it would have paid so high." He kicked her again in the stomach, "I usually don't take care of things personally. Consider yourself lucky."

He grabbed a pipe and came at her.

'Shit!'

You picked up a trash-can lid and ran in front of her, intercepting the metal. The guy, clearly taken aback, fell over when you pushed the lid with all the strength you could afford.

"(Y-Y/N)?" Nya whispered and you turned to see her beaten and bloodied face.

"Don't worry, I'll try and get us both out alive."

He came at you again and you nearly shrieked, holding up the lid again and hearing metal clang against each other.

"If you want to hurt her, you have to go through me first." You growled, seeing how beaten up Nya was. How dare he hurt someone so badly?

"No problem."

The man picked you up by your sides and you shrieked, slamming the lid in his face over and over. He didn't seem fazed though, that's when you went ahead and kneed him wherever your leg could reach.

You struggled even more and managed to get free of his grip and pulled Nya to her feet, dragging her out of the alley when you heard a gunshot and felt splitting pain in your leg.

Tears clouded your vision and you fell forward, tasting blood from biting your tongue.

Nya fell along side you and took deep breaths before eventually passing out.

You could barely see anything and the pain in your leg was forcing tears from your eyes. The man came up to you, holstering his gun and looked at your face.

The last thing before you lost consciousness was, "You'd make a decent guinea pig."