Wonders

Chapter 7: Wonders

"Yeah! I got this awesome game called Splatoon 2!" Octavian said excitedly.

Pearl was perplexed. If you asked Squggle (Google) what her last name means, it will show it means Splatoon

He ran to his room for a moment and came back with a small device.

"Sounds like a cool game! What's it about?" Pearl asked as she watched the child turn on the console.

"Well it's this thing where you create a inkling and play cool modes called Turf War and Ranked Battles!"

"Wait wait hold up! We have those up in Inkopolis!" Pearl exclaimed.

The Octoling looked at the rapper with wide eyes. "For eel?! That's so cool!"

Pearl chuckled. "Well maybe soon, you can give it a try!"

"That'll be cool. Oh this is my favorite part of the game!" Octivian said.

Pearl watched the screen change from the pink and teal screen with the squids floating to an view of Inkopolis.

Vian pressed the back buttons and the game started up.

"Hold up! Is that.." Pearl said, watching as the music kicked in, showing Off The Hook in their usual set.

"Y'all know what time it is!" Digital Pearl exclaimed.

"It's Off The Hook coming at ya LIVE from Inkopolis Square!" Digital Marina said.

"Holy Squit!" The rapper exclaimed.

Why hadn't she seen this before?!

"What's wrong Pearlie?" Marina asked, walking into the room.

"Mar! Check this out! It's us!" Pearl said, grinning widely.

Marina walked over and looked at the small screen. "Wow, that's amazing! They have our dialogues and everything!" The DJ looks at digital Pearl and smiles. "Even digital Pearl looks just as cute as she is in reality!"

Did she just-

Pearl blushed slightly and playfully glared at the engineer. "I ain't cute! And besides I think this Rina, is nothing compared to my Rina!"

Marina felt her face heat up as she said this. Pearl also realized what she had just said and felt her ears turn red.  Clearing her throat, she began changing the subject.

"We gotta check this out at home. Why don't ya show us some turf war action?!" Pearl asked Octavian.

"Sure!"

"You two have fun!" Marina said,  walking back in the kitchen.

Moments later, Octavian smirked at the inkling. "I think you like my sister." He said quietly.

The rapper shot her head up and looked at the small Octoling in disbelief. "What makes you think that?!"

"It's obvious! The way you act, talk and defend her! I can tell even through a game! Now tell me, do you like my sister?"

Pearl stayed silent for a good minute.

Do I like her? I mean, I always feel really weird around her... And it feels good! The way she calls me Pearlie,  always sends that tingling feeling in my gut... And Cod, her smile! It's like the only ray of light guiding me out the dark... I don't like Marina... I love her!

"Pearl? Pearl!" Octavian snapper his fingers in front of the inkling's face.

Pearl snapped out of her deep thoughts and redirected her attention back at the kid. "Huh? Sorry got lost in thought for a sec."

"It's alright. Now be honest with me, do you like Marina?"

"No I don't like Marina..." Pearl said. Octavian's face slightly fell as she said this. "Oh..."

"Ay I ain't finished yet! I don't like her,  I love her!" Pearl said, rather loud. She prayed to Cod that the DJ didn't hear that.