25.

- meet the brothers

"I changed my mind." I whined as the car approached our destination, tonight I was supposed to be going to meet Kevin. Luckily, I knew that Lea was going to be there because Darian invited us to see a new exhibit at one of his art galleries; we were getting a private viewing before the actual show which would be the following week.

"He ain't a fuckin' serial killer." Jason chuckled and rubbed my thigh to console me, "We're already here anyway, don't be a punk."

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath; I didn't know why I was so nervous, but I had to get it together. Realistically Kevin couldn't be that bad considering I knew Jay and Darian already, but I wondered if he had any negative feelings towards me, considering the fact that I'd constantly avoided meeting him over the past month. Even with Darian I didn't really know him that well, I knew him more as Lea's boyfriend than Jay's brother but hopefully that would change tonight.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed that Jay had gotten out of the car until he opened my door, he leaned over and unbuckled my seat belt and then helped me out. He was helping me, but his main motive was getting me out of the car; I would've spent the entire night over thinking if he didn't stop me. Jason took my hand and led me to the front door, which was locked, he knocked twice and Darian came to unlock it.

"Sorry about that, I don't want anybody coming in off the street." Darian said as he dapped up Jay and then gave me a side hug. "Hey Kira, it's good to see you. Le is over there." He pointed to where Lea stood admiring some art.

I nodded, "It's good to see you too Darian, thanks for inviting me." I smiled politely at him; he shook his head and chuckled.

"No worries Kira." He returned my polite smile and then I excused myself to go over to Lea.

The soft light which illuminated the space made it feel intimate; the art was breathtaking, I wondered if it was Darian's work or some other artist's; either way it was beautiful. Lea was walking around in her own world when I approached her.

"Hey babe." I said as I made my presence known, she jumped a little and I laughed.

"You can't sneak up on me like that bitch!" She whispered in a shocked tone as she put her hand on her heart.

I rolled my eyes at her, "You didn't hear my loud heels clicking on this wooden floor? I think that's less on me and more on you." I teased her as we looked at the painting in front of her.

"Can you blame me though? ArtBae is talented." Lea smiled at his nickname, "I'm lowkey obsessed with him KiKi. Like burn his house down if he cheats on me obsessed." She admitted. "He's so good to me." Lea sighed and leaned against me.

"I one hundred percent feel you on that, it's a scary feeling. Jazzy will be here to keep us sane so we don't do some crazy shit though, she wouldn't let us go out like that." We turned around and admired the guys. Jay was showing Darian something on his phone which made the two of them laugh, "Look at them, they look so happy, but little do they know that the sky will fall on them if they fuck up." I wistfully sighed as I observed them, I was happy to see that they could laugh after the week they had.

"I wonder if we make them as crazy as they make us." Lea pondered. Sometimes I wondered the same thing, Jay always seemed to calm and cool but after seeing how angry he was when he came back, I knew that I never wanted that anger directed at me.

Moments later Darian unlocked the door and a man who I assumed to be Kevin walked in; he was tall and sported a goofy grin on his face as he hugged his brothers, after they greeted each other the three of them came over to where Lea and I were standing.