|CHAPTER 46: UNSTEADY|

The darkest nights never felt more bright with you by my side.

• • •

This chapter contains severe violence, and extreme events. (Sexual Assault) Proceed with caution.

• • •

"Are you sure you don't want to come with?" Evelyn had asked Tony earlier this morning, and he responded that he wasn't in the mood.

Thinking she hadn't noticed his plan in avoiding her, Tony Stark had repeatedly declined her offers to hang out or watch movies.

It had been almost three days since they had last seen each other, and Evelyn wanted to change that, unfortunately for her though, he wasn't exactly trying as much as she was.

His eyes were sad as he sat down, listening to the noisy chatter of his close friends.

Her rejection was everything on his mind.

The way she shot him down so lovingly killed him.

He wanted to hate her for it, but really how could he.

He had missed the sweetness of her smile, the smell of her hair, the sparkle of her eyes.

He truly had missed her in those past few days, but he was hurt.

He didn't want her to see him so torn up about something she had done, it would only make her feel guilty, a feeling she wasn't supposed to feel in the first place.

It wasn't until he declined her third offer did she realise that something indeed may have been wrong.

"Hey, Stark. How did Lucas react to seeing you and Evelyn last week?" Clint asked, leaning on his hand.

"I'm just thankful I didn't get punched." Stark shrugged, his eyes staring at the ceiling.

His advanced phone beeped, but he quickly silenced the phone when he observed the caller's Id.

Evelyn pulled her iPhone away from her ear, and her hand dropped to her side.

She locked gazes with Natasha, and she motioned her to help her get the room empty.

Tony, still oblivious to Evelyn's presence, watched in confusion as the team hurriedly scattered out of the living room.

"Okay?" He chuckled at their abnormal behaviour, but his instinct was telling him to look behind him.

It was as if he was compelled to look behind him, and suddenly it hit him.

Removing himself from the chair instantly, his eyes spotted Evelyn with her phone in her hands, giving him a flat look.

"You know at first I wasn't sure, but now I know that you're ignoring me." She huffed out, sliding her phone back in her back pocket.

"I'm not, really. I'm not."

"Tony, I literally saw you putting your phone on silent after knowing that I was calling you."