0.3

Leaning forward so that she was looking in between Natasha and Steve, she knew that being mysterious wasn't going to help anyone at all.

"I know you've just found me and I know I maybe should have said something before I left, but em, eh, I think I might literally start combusting sunlight beams in a second so can we maybe pull over if you get the chance? If not, like, I mean it's okay but I dunno if I'll kill someone accidentally or..."

The looks on the two Avengers faces' were enough to let Scottie know that there was certainly going to be a long conversation to be had once she had let her powers exercise themselves like they had begun to do.

//.//

Tony stood at the window that looked into the medical room on the Avengers base, watching every single move that happened inside. Anytime the needle in Natasha's hand pierced the skin on Scottie's body he watched the girl winch slightly in pain. Whatever she had done to herself during their drive had taken a physical toll on her body and had caused to her receive a couple of cuts and bruises from falling over into stones.

Steve was inside the room, leaning against a filing cabinet in the corner while he watched Natasha and Scottie occasionally mutter to each other. There was a tension in the air from both sides - the team were upset that Scottie hadn't came to them to let them help her with her problems and Scottie was upset that the team had publicly dug her from her solitude. She knew that it meant there was only a matter of time before they found out exact how she had ended up in the beach where Clint had picked her up, and she certainly wasn't sure if she was ready to talk about that.

The billionaire had his glasses on his eyes, the bags under his eyes reminding everyone just how important the young girl sitting in the room was to him. Tony had never had children, but there was an unspoken agreement that she was the closet thing he would have to a daughter - and he was the closest thing she would ever have to a father.

While everyone else had either met or heard detailed stories about the blonde of her age, Wanda felt completely in the dark as she knew nothing about her. Even Vision seemed to have some sort of bond with the girl but she didn't understand how as she was there when the android was brought into existence - Tony had mentioned that she had helped bring him to life, but Wanda knew that was a story that would be revealed eventually.

"She is like a daughter to you, yes?" Wanda asked, her voice unusually soft as she spoke to Tony, her hatred for the man beginning to dwindle especially now that she saw he was trying to be a better man. He didn't even glance at Wanda despite being surprised that she was talking to him.

"Yeah," he said, swallowing the lump in his throat. He went to say something else, but something in his demeanour changed as he took a deep breath and closed his mouth. Tony was not fond of getting emotional in front of the team and he knew getting emotional with Wanda right now was not something he was keen to be doing anytime soon.

The Sokovian nodded, accepting that the conversation wasn't going to have much else to it. Leaning back against the wall in the corridor Wanda allowed her eyes to fall into the same pattern as Tony: focused on Scottie but also the needle that was almost finished being embedded into her skin repeatedly.

They stayed there in silence, both understanding that while they were civil there never really would be a family bond between them. Tony's past in weapons had ruined any chance of them becoming close friends but at least there could be harmony between them. The scene in front of them remained the same, well, for a few seconds anyway.

Vision had taken up the habit of passing through walls by altering his molecular density. While the rest of the team had gotten used to this as he had been doing it often and for a while, the artificial being did not even consider that Scottie was certainly not going to take it in her stride.