Back to Hogwarts

"I love you, Lacey. Keep writing me letters, I'll see you during summer break," Remus said, kissing his daughter on her head.

"I love you too, dad. Stay safe," she said, hugging him.

Fred took Lacey's hand and they got onto the train searching for an empty compartment with George.

They found one near the back of the train and piled in, hoping Lee and Angelina found them soon.

"Are you nervous about having to meet with Cedric?" George asked.

"Not really," She said, "I think he knows it's coming already."

"Do you think you'll fall back in love with him?" George asked as a joke.

Lacey felt Fred's body freeze. He wouldn't look at her, for fear of seeing her wonder if that would happen. Mad that his brother even brought it up and worried he'd lose her as fast as he got her.

"Absolutely not, I can't fall back in love with someone that I wasn't really in love with in the first place. Cedric's a friend. Fred is who I'm in love with. My first love," she said instantly putting Fred's mind at ease at how easily it had come out of her mouth and grabbing his hand for extra comfort.

George stopped asking questions and Lee and Angelina came into the compartment both of them sitting next to George.

"How was your holidays?" Lacey asked the couple sweetly.

"Great, missed you guys though," Angelina said.

"Mine was boring. Best part was seeing Angelina for a few hours, how about yours?" Lee asked the group.

"Mine was magnificent," Fred told them, diving into the story of how him and Lacey got together initially and then when he asked her out and she accidentally let everyone know they were dating.

Lee and Angelina were cracking up at Lacey's forgetfulness, especially since it was her idea in the first place.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I just don't want everyone at Hogwarts to know, they'll think I cheated."

"You kind of did though, didn't you?" Lee asked her.

Lacey stayed quiet, feeling guilty again.

"Who cares? Thing is, she doesn't want everyone knowing yet so no one should say anything until she gives the okay," Fred said sticking up for her.

"No problem, I was just clarifying," Lee said, backing off.

"I need a girlfriend now. How does the best looking out of the three of us not have a girlfriend yet?" George said, releasing some of the tension.

Once they arrived at Hogwarts, Lacey was filled with nervousness. She let go of Fred's hand and gave him a quick kiss, not knowing when they'd be able to show affection toward one another again.

Lacey walked into the Great Hall and sought out Cedric to speak with him, figuring it'd be easier to get it over with rather than try and hide from him.

"Hey, Ced. Can we talk?" She asked him shyly.

"Sure, aren't you hungry though?"

"No, I'm okay. Had a lot of sweets on the train," she told him.

They walked outside and he spoke first.

"So, I did some thinking and I think we're better off as friends. I love you, a lot, but I don't think I'm the right guy for you. I think you feel it too," he said sadly to her.

She felt tears brimming her eyes, understanding him completely, but just so upset that she wasted his time.

"I'm sorry I wasted your time. That's not fair to you," she began saying.

"You didn't waste my time, Lace. Getting to know you these past few months have been great. I consider you one of my best friends. I hope you feel the same."

"I do. You're the best Cedric. I think Cho really likes you, by the way." 

He smiled at her, "Yeah, I think so too."

He noticed the tears forming and pulled her in for a hug, "this isn't the last you'll see of me. You're still going to have to study with me," he said to her.

She nodded and hugged him back tightly and then they walked back to the Great Hall together. Cedric went to the Hufflepuff table and Lacey went to the Gryffindor table, sitting between the twins.

"Tell me about it later?" Fred asked.

She nodded at him and she ate a little bit of food. Dumbledore sent the students off to bed with one of his quirky speeches.

Back in the common room was loud. All the students back from break and speaking with their friends about all the new exciting gossip they have. Lacey was happy to not hear her name come out of their mouths. Lacey and her group of friends sat in their normal place by the fire and she began telling them what was said between her and Cedric.

"So, yeah. Fred and I are free to date, but I'd like to wait a few weeks before making it public, if you're okay with that?" She turned to him.

Fred smiled at his blonde beauty, "of course. Whenever you're ready."

Fred wanted nothing more than to be able to tell everyone that she belongs to him and he belongs to her, but her wish is his command and he'll keep his mouth shut for as long as it takes.

Lee and Angelina were snuggling on one of the armchairs and Lacey, Fred and George were coming up with more products. Lacey was exceptionally good with potions, needing to be if she wants to pursue a healing career, so she often came up with formulas for their items.

The three of them were an amazing team, but everyone could see that Fred and Lacey absolutely belonged together.