Chapter Two

It was tall, at least six and a half feet. Its skin was dark red and smooth, with thick, black, swirls and shapes like the stripes of a tiger. Muscles swelled under its skin, pushing it up into hills and valleys. It had the proportions of a Renaissance statue, with sweeping arms and legs and long fingers. It had a humanoid face, but its face was perfect. It had full lips, a straight nose, and hooded eyes. The eyes themselves were luminous yellow, with large pupils and no whites to them. Horns came out of its head, a foot long and swirling with razor-sharp points and edges. The figure was masculine and buck naked.

Daisy yelled, scrambling back across the cardboard boxes. Her back hit the wall and she tumbled off it. She landed in a pit of decay and rat shit.

"Let me look at you." The figure drawled. His voice was deep and melodic, with no discernible accent. It flowed from his mouth like honey and filled the entire room. Daisy lifted her head to look at him, trying not to let her eyes trail downwards. "Come out, let me see." His voice wasn't kind, but it was gentle somehow.

Daisy stood up and crawled back over the boxes. She dropped back to the ground and stared up at him. It was strange, standing before the creature like that. She knew that he could kill her in seconds if he wanted to. The saw/dagger was lying by his foot.

"Let me guess." The creature stepped out of the box and slunk closer to her. His shoulders relaxed, but he filled the entire room somehow. "Popular girls teased the fat virgin, so she summoned me to prove them wrong."

Daisy's mouth dropped. She tried to talk, but it came out as a pathetic squeak. She cleared her throat and tried again.

"What are you?" She asked. The creature arched one of its eyebrows. It was bald, but there were dark streaks above its eyes. Piercings covered its face, eyebrow, mouth, and dripped its ears. Sluggish, black, strips swirled across his skin, melting into shapes and drifting apart.

"My Satan, you are a pathetic little worm." It said, tilting its head. "I am an incubus."

Daisy laughed. She couldn't help herself. "A sex demon?"

The incubus lifted his head. "Yes. You summoned me, did you not? Take your clothes off, let's get it over with." He said, reaching over her, grabbing the back of her shit and starting to pull it off.

She grabbed at it, and tried to wrench it away from the demon. Thank god she was still behind the boxes. Her face pressed again his smooth chest, the waxy, muscles millimetres from her cheeks. He smelt like vanilla and citrus and liquorice and fire.

"I'm aroace." She said. The incubus lifted his head.

"Names? Fine, but I'd prefer not to. I'm Asmodeus." He said, pulling at the jacket. Daisy yanked away from him, hitting the wall again.

"No, I'm aromantic and asexual." She said, stepping back. Asmodeus stepped back, his eyes flaring and his jaw dropping.

"Excuse me?" He said, as though she'd said she wanted to kill his grandmother. Could demons have grandmothers? Daisy had a sudden image of a large demon in a long, mauve, dress wearing a purple wig that trailed wisps of smoke.

"I don't want to fuck you." Daisy hissed, wrapping her arms around her chubby sides. The situation was almost laughable. She'd managed to summon an Incubus. The demon could kill her in seconds, and she was feeling brave. Reckless.

Asmodeus glared at her. "Why did you summon me, worm?" He asked.

"Oh, yes. Me, an aroace, most definitely summoned an incubus." Daisy said. "I just opened that box and..."

"Right. Well." Asmodeus ran his hands down his stomach and hips, as though wiping sweaty palms on his shirt. Daisy looked away.

"There's clothes in that box. Could you-"