Chapter 18

Arriving in London, first thing they did was meet with Sharon. Steve, Nat, Tory, Buck, and Sam went to the encounter, the rest of them went to the safe house, to get a head start on looking for HYDRA.

"Thought you would arrive later," she commented, eyes on the five superheroes.

"We got up earlier," Nat responded seriously, looking at all the security around the place, all of them in defensive positions.

"What's the situation?" the CIA agent asked, bit annoyed. She didn't like when someone gave her orders, but it seemed she only lived for that.

"We need you to evacuate the whole area of the Buckingham Palace, if possible, the whole block, before the parade," Tory said, ignoring the sharp way Nat talked to the woman. Sure, Sharon wasn't friendly either, but the last thing they needed was to be on the bad side of the CIA as well.

"HYDRA's going to attack, bombs involved, bioweapon too. Make sure your agents are using masks."

"What am I going to say to the Queen? To the police? We can't just evac these much people for any specific reason," Sharon protested, not liking the sound of that. Tory was giving the orders as if she was the leader, and no one seemed to care, not even Steve. She really was a Stark after all.

"Tell them it's a gas leak. Can't argue with that," Buck added, looking around as well, all the man holding their guns tighter the longer they stood there. Like they were the enemy like he was the enemy.

"What is he doing here?" Sharon asked turning her attention to Bucky as if noticing him just know. Tory and Nat exchanged a look. Why was she so hostile about them being there? She was the one that invited them. She was the one that said she'd like to meet them there. It wasn't their fault everything was happening.

"He's a criminal," Sharon pointed out, hand moving to the gun on her holster.

"No, he's not. Now ask your men to stand down or you'll have some problems here," Nat added, hand on her gun as well. The woman looked at Steve as if expecting him to say something, but she talked about his best friend, there wasn't anything to say. He wasn't stopping Nat from defending Bucky.

"Cut the crap. We're leaving already. Don't need to get aggressive. You already know what to do Sharon," Tory responded rudely, already turning her back and leaving, trying to control her will to go back there and defend Bucky as he deserved.

...

Tory and Nat were both undercover as security inside the Buckingham Palace. Both women were patrolling on the upper floors. The parade only started in the evening, so the palace had open doors for people to visit. The place had already been filled up, moms showing their kids pictures, dads explaining the history.

Sam and Wanda walked through the outside area, both of them searching the place. The Scarlet Witch tried using her powers to find HYDRA's henchmen, but for now, it was to no use. Clint was on the nearest high place, his attention on everyone who entered the building, bow, and arrow ready to shoot.

"Anything suspicious yet?" Steve asked looking through all the screens that were spread around a room from the safe house while the rest of the team waited for something. Bucky stood beside him, also helping to check all the screens.

"You sure it's today? Everything is too quiet," Tony said coming out of the bathroom.

"It's too early to precipitate," Steve said, serious tone on his voice.

Inside the Buckingham Palace, the girls stood at the base of the stairs, not letting anyone pass by, eyes everywhere. People almost didn't notice them, passing by like they were just statues.