ArShi Drabble : Fallen Angel

Everybody around me was crying. Her best friend, her relatives, her well wishers each and everyone. But I was numb from inside. She is gone. Forever. Leaving everything behind. I have not known her for long. But I probably knew her like no one else. Not even her very close people. She was high spirited, unpredictable and one of her kind. Can't really put her into any category. There was nothing she could not do. Her best friend will say she was the most helpful person. Her relatives would say she was jack of all traits. Her well wishers will say she was an amazing soul who was selfless. But I can't say anything. Because she was my everything. I have not been with my girls in my life. I mean serious relation. But this woman did what no body could ever do. She loved me for who I am and what I am. Despite of knowing all the odds. I couldn't figure out why she loved me. If u ask me whether I know the answer why I loved her I would still say no I don't know. I just love her. She was a breather in my life. My motivation to some extent. I am not a vocal person neither I can easily express my feelings. And she knew that. Sometimes I tried my best to tell her how much she means to me. But I failed to form those romantic words. I know my way of loving is different. I am little odd when it comes to romance. But I loved her my way. I hope she understood that. Today looking at her pale face suddenly I wish I could have a little bit of more time with her. If I could hold her hand for a little while.

I walk towards her body and made myself comfortable. Holding her now cold hand I watch her remembering those moments when I used to count her freckles when she used to be fast asleep beside me. Even though there is no soul inside her body, she is still beautiful. As radiant as she used to be. There was a time I used to find her annoying when she used to talk to much unnecessarily. But now that I want her to talk she will never be able to speak to me again. I will never be able to hear her annoying voice and constant chatter.

She took away something from me today that I can never get back. Just like a whirlpool she came into my life poured all the happiness and now she is gone suddenly.
"Why did you do this Khushi?" I ask her. "Why did you leave me like this?"

There was no answer.

Just a knowing smile on her lips is all I could make out.