8

Danny left the mansion in a rush on Christmas Eve. He felt bad about leaving Alfred by himself for the holiday, but he needed to replenish his energy with the Zone's ectoplasm.

He was swarmed with old friends at the party, and he duelled Frostbite once the mob had cleared. Some asked incredulously if he was still planning to get a free roaming licence.

Hardly any of them had the will to spend the time to get one. It seemed that they'd rather wander out unlawfully, or stay in the zone.

"Geez, you'd think I'd give up in less than a month? I'm hurt," Danny put a hand to his chest, feigning injury.

"We bet you'd be crawling back within the week, Dipstick." Ember slapped him on the back a little too hard, forgetting her mind in all the drama and alcohol. Danny laughed.

"It's not that bad. It's not too late to get yours."

"You're right, it's much too early!" Ember shouted, embracing the night. That is, if there was a night in the ghost zone. She looked just drunk enough to hit the karaoke. Danny didn't understand what was stopping her from going in sober.

He had asked once, only to hear her say "just between you and me, I drink so nobody can blame the sober me". He supposed it didn't matter.

He waved goodbye as she floated over to the microphone, ready to pop some eardrums. He noticed some of the ghosts skulk away, and suddenly he was reminded that last year, she was dragged off the stage after temporarily deafening half the crowd.

He deemed it a time as good as any to leave. Of course, he wanted to stop and get Alfred a gift before he returned to the manor.

What would the man want for Christmas?