Part 13

"I still can't believe that you've decided to marry Violet, Your Highness."

Taehyung chuckled, "Are you against it, Anne?"

She sighed, "To be honest? A little bit. Disregarding her status as your maid, she's still a commoner. But, I assure you that I will still support your decision."

Taehyung smiled. "So, did my parents send me a letter back?"

She brought out a paper from her pocket. "As expected, they were quite shocked."

He bit his lips and sat down on his chair, crossing his legs and propping his head with his hand. He took a deep breath, calming himself and looked at Anne with a resolved expression.

"Read it."

She nodded.

"My son, do you understand what deeds you have done? It was something your father and I have planned for years for the sake of our kingdom. Although we have become aware of Eleanor's situation and how her kingdom has been taken over, we still can't allow you to break off your engagement this easily on a whim. I swear, the first time we visited their kingdom to arrange your marriage, you said you didn't want to marry her and that you liked another girl; this is happening all over again. I understand that you and Violet love each other, and I do not wish to separate you. Nonetheless, we cannot take this matter lightly and will decide on this when we return."

His form became sullen but he didn't lose his spirit. He decided to show his parents just how important Violet was to him and that he would marry her no matter what.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I walked over to Taehyung's study room to review our lessons. I couldn't stop myself from smiling again. He loved me.

I still couldn't believe he was feeling the same way as me, and not to mention, he said that he would be marrying me.

My body was as light as a feather and I felt like I could do anything. I skipped happily like an excited child. I was over the moon in cloud nine.

I entered without knocking but he couldn't be seen anywhere in his room.

I pouted and walked to the garden.

He was there, sitting on the bench among the white roses. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts, staring blankly in the air.

He looked like a painting.

I slowly walked up to him and peeked at him from the back and over his shoulders. He didn't notice me.

I leaned closer and pecked softly on his left cheek.

He quickly snapped his neck towards me with his eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

I jumped backwards, "What are you doing here?"

"I just..." he sighed. "Thinking about what I should do."

"What happened," I circled around him and stood before him.

He pulled me down and made me sit on his lap. I yelped because of the sudden move and held his shoulders.

"I received a letter from my parents." I looked at his eyes surprised.

He played with my hair and drew a heavy breath. "They said they're coming back to resolve this matter. I don't think they will readily agree to our marriage."

I chuckled and held his face. "Did you really think it would've been that easy? Of course we will face protests and disapprovals. Are you perhaps thinking about giving up?" I squinted my eyes, glaring at him with a small smile.

He looked at me offended and huffed out, "Giving up? Never! I'm thinking about ways I can convince my parents to approve of our marriage, obviously."

He held my chin and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I blushed a little and he smirked playfully. "I don't care what anyone else thinks. You're the one I want to live with until I die. Even if I die, it's you. [A/N: 😏] I'm never letting you go."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

We were playing and laughing around instead of studying in his room. I thought I was going to die laughing because of his silliness.

I couldn't breathe.

The door opened suddenly and we turned our heads toward it.

I became frozen.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Big sis?"

A/N: Comeback is in 20 minutes I'm hollering SKAHSKSJ