Chapter 19 (Part 2)

Hello 👋👋👋👋!!!!  Yeap new chapter. Hope you enjoy. Don't forget to comment!! 💖💖💖💖

############################

Prince Phoenix's POV

Once I had washed her dress, I hung it over the balcony to let it dry. I then covered my Little Flower with the comforter right up to her neck.

The King wanted to see me to discuss some urgent matters so I left her in the care of Percival. I had to strictly warn him about keeping this a secret.

'The Dark Prince Caring For His Personal Servant.'

Imagine this news going out in the open.

Percival is my most trusted help and would never defy me. He's been working for the Royals and especially me for many many years.

The only annoying thing about him is that he had the need to report everything to Odelle. And by everything I mean everything. Which was why when I told him to keep everything regarding the girl a secret, I had to basically threaten his life. Only then did he give me his word.

I did not need that woman Odelle, finding out about this.

Before leaving the room, I kissed her forehead goodbye. She was completely worn out so I don't expect her to wake up anytime soon.

I despised meetings and today was no different. Except it hasn't even started yet!  I already knew what the King was going to talk about. I hated it so much because it had everything to do with me preparing myself to sit on the bloody throne.

However, that wasn't the only subject I hated. I already knew the throne was mine from the beginning. The problem was they were trying to get me married. "A King would need a wife to rule beside him." They said.

Well fuck that.

I didn't need anyone. I was fine for four hundred and twenty seven years and I don't need anyone to help me do anything now.
They wanted me to marry Lady Esther, daughter of Lord Marcus of Silver Heights.

And you'd think they would choose someone fit for me and the throne.
Esther is the spawn of her power hungry father. Any idiot could see that she wasn't fit to be a ruler.

But who am I to judge?

I wasn't going to be a great king either but this Esther....she was vile and sinister. She had somehow managed to gain full support of the entire council.
Because of this very reason I cannot easily kill her.

Yes, I am thinking of ways to end her pathetic life.

She can be an evil, problematic bloodsucker all she wants but she CANNOT just force herself into my life and ruin it for me.

Why would they give her to me in the first place?

This arrangement was so wrong on so many levels. It's like they were punishing both of us. I hate her, she knows it, she doesn't like me either and only wants me for her own bodily pleasures. She made it clear to me on various occasions. I wish I could wash those memories away. She disgusted me.

She craved power, attention, pleasure, riches, and nothing else. More importantly, she never let anything or anyone stand in her way. That made it easier for me to see her vicious side.

Apparently, this was overlooked by so many.

I don't know how many  council members and members of the Royal family, she has slept with throughout the years. They of course never objected. Why would they?  She had the looks, the sensuality, the confidence and most importantly her pernicious influence on everyone. Her so called perfect personality.