| 21 | happy birthday?

Daisy awakens to find her brother at the edge of her bed with his phone in his hands typing away, completely dismissing her. Her eyebrows furrow and she smacks him slightly to catch his attention. 'Ow! What?' He says clearly agitated. Daisy gives him a look that only he can understand and he immediately puts on smile and says in a very upbeat voice 'I'm sorry, I meant happy birthday Daisy bear!' Daisy rolls her eyes at the sound of her nickname being used.

It was a nickname her oldest brother Kaden had given to her when she was a lot younger. Her brothers still make use of that word when they want to annoy her, and it definitely works because she was not pleased, the only time she didn't mind the use of the nickname was when her father used it. 'What are you doing in my room? Get out asshole!' This was a sibling thing, to call each other names even when there really was no context or reason to do so. Daisy reaches for her phone on the bedside table but it's snatched away from her immediately.

'Sorry, But no phone for you.' Pierre says placing the phone in his pocket. Daisy groans in defeat.

'But it's my birthday! I'm supposed to make demands not you.' she says frowning at Pierre.

'Well, we have a lot planned for your birthday and you can't go on your phone or it'll get ruined.'

Daisy nods in understatement however as she escapes her bed she realizes something. 'But you're doing all of this after school right?' She asks. Pierre can't help but let out a laugh at his sisters stupidity.

'School? Daisy it's 12 p.m, I turned off your alarm you aren't going to school today.' Pierre shows her the time on his phone as proof and this time she does not smack him, or complain. Instead she hugs him happily because he got her a free ticket out of school.

Senior year had been complete shit for Daisy so far, so it was nice to get a day off to relax and forget about all the stress. She heads for the door meaning to go downstairs and get something to eat however, Pierre's arms have wrapped around her waist and he's pulling her away from her door. 'What the hell?' Daisy yells kicking and thrashing herself away from him. Pierre only lets go of her when they are a good distance away from the door.

'My job is to make sure you do not exit this room and that is what I will do. So make yourself comfy. Andrew will be serving you breakfast in bed soon and then we can begin celebrating' at this point Daisy doesn't even make another attempt for the door. She knows Pierre and they had gotten into enough wrestling matches as kids for her to know that she cannot and will not win a fight against him. Kaden maybe, Harvey who knows, but Pierre, definitely not. Daisy decides it would be best if she just sat patiently and waited.

****

Walking down a flight of stairs was not easy when your eyes are covered. This was something Daisy discovered as she descended the huge stairs with Pierre's massive hands covering her eyes. It wasn't until Pierre told her to stop that she really felt the excitement kicking in. He removed his hands from her eyes and she allowed herself to open them and face what was in front of her.

'SURPRISE!' Yelled a crowd of people, most of whom she could barely recognize. The only faces she really cared about however were the ones standing at the very front being Skylar, Timothée, Harvey, and Kaden. Skylar held a good amount of balloons in her grasp and Timothée had a cake in his hands as he sent Daisy a bright smile.

She finds herself greeting all of them, some family, some friends from school, some she couldn't even put a name to however when she finally got to Skylar and Timothée her eyes began to water. 'And here come the waterworks.' comments Kaden as he watches his sister pull Skylar in for a very long and tight hug. He was wrong however because Daisy was able to keep the tears in her eyes.