Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

eight: I'll talk

—Roberto—

"No! That was a lie." Roberto straightened his posture, but Satina tugged at her whips again, almost forcing him to his knees. He growled. "Back down, Satina. You're no match for me." He took the hololens off and threw them aside.

Mary and Léon raised as well. "But she's not alone," the latter said. "And you're in our fucking HQ, with a dozen villains around. You are no match for us."

"Go on, Grizzly snake. Spit it out," Satina said, narrowing her eyes.

Rob huffed. The spikes at the tip of Satina's whips bit his wrists, making a thin crimson line of blood run through his fingers. "What do you want me to say?" he barked. "He bloody lied! The Mayor lied." Rob was panting. His lips trembled, his face darkened, and he roared as his tattoos shone. Rob twisted his hands to grip Satina's whips. "Listen to me." He tugged. "I can't tell you everything, but I promise I don't want to hurt you."

"Shit!" Satina leaned back and dug her weight on her heels. The soles of her sneakers screeched against the polished floor of the waiting room. "Shit, shit, shit. He's strong." She moved her eyes to a smiling Mary. "A little help here?"

Mary's smile broadened, and she thrust a hand into her pockets, pulling a small golden marble from it. "Let him go." Satina obeyed, falling on her behind—and once Rob recovered his balance, Mary flung the marble to him. "Catch!"

Rob tried to slap the marble away, but it popped and dissolved into a golden vapor that covered his face. With a dull thud, he fell unconscious on the floor.

When he woke up, his head felt like a bell at lunchtime. Roberto half-opened his eyes, and the sudden light pierced through. The pungent smell of roses and part of the gold glitter was still stuck on his hoodie and face. His head, throat, and chest throbbed as his breath grated his insides, hot and uncomfortable.

Rob blinked once. Twice. Slowly, his blurred vision went back to focus as voices became clearer. He was in the middle of a handball court. Mary and Léon ran around it, using their powers to steal the ball from each other and shoot at the goal where Satina stood like a warrior.

A dark-purple and violet tiger pounced on Mary, making her squeal and giggle. Léon took the ball from her hands and prepared to run, but he toppled forward, and a loud, metallic something hit the floor.

"Aw, Mary, c'mon. That's not fair!" Léon's voice was distant, muffled as if coming from inside an aquarium. "Tiny, she transformed the ball in a lump of gold! My fingers were almost smashed under this shit. I can't... ugh. I can't even lift it!"

Mary laughed, pushing the tiger aside. "It's not real gold, Leleo."

Rob tried to rub his eyes and needed a moment to understand why his hands wouldn't obey. He was kneeling, hands cuffed behind his back.

"What's with you villains and your mania to tie me up?" Rob's voice was husky and weak. And was also ignored.

Perhaps he could break free. He wouldn't even need to use his powers this time. Whatever material they had used to tie his wrists, it would break with the smallest infusion of his tattoos' powers...

"Stop whining, Leo. You can't expect your enemies to go soft on you," Satina shouted from the goal.

... Once free, he would just need to be discreet enough. He could subdue Léon or Satina and then bargain with them.

Léon glared at Satina, pursing his lips. Then, his eyes widened and snapped to his right, meeting Roberto's gaze.

Shite.

icon lock

Show your support for Ligia Nunes, and continue reading this story

by Ligia Nunes
@LigiaNunes
When superhero Rob turns to villainy to complete his mission, he wasn...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 50 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @LigiaNunes.