10

Chapter 10: Here comes trouble

The situation was perhaps the most difficult situation of your life, you thought.

The moment Taehyung collapsed you weren't late to make a screeching noise, though for a second you thought he was trying to prank you. But then you realized, he had really collapsed there.

How could he act so indifferent when he was hurting inside? How could he conceal his pain and talk to you the most normal way possible. He didn't even complain a bit!

Your mind was in a rush and there were so many thoughts rampaging through your neurons. Still the first thing you did was get him inside, which wasn't as hard it was supposed to. The latter was light as a feather.

But now that he laid on your bed you realized his conscience wasn't totally gone. He was still breathing heavy, chest heaving up and down faster and he was sweating a lot. As if he was sleeping and having the worst nightmare of his life. 

This must be a cold. He must have a fever!

Before calling in a doctor you decided to do your best to subside his fever and it was honestly one of the things you were best at. Since you lived most of your life by yourself and had to treat your own self while being sick.

So you didn't waste a second to run to get wet towel, some cold medicine which you had a lot in your house.

But after coming back to him, your mind cloudy and body tensed, you were just worried. It was your first time treating a sick person.

But he wasn't a person. And you realized that once again as soon as your shaky hand reached his forehead.

He was cold.

Freezing cold.

Yet he was sweating, squirming in his sleep, his throat looked parched and at that moment your mind got lost in the dark. He was fine, he looked completely fine even just a few moments ago by the door.

The thought of something bad could happen to him made your hands start to tremble. You had to call a doctor, you didn't know what to do in this situation. This didn't look normal, not when even in this state he wouldn't let you place a blanket on top of him.

Shakily you reached for your phone from your pocket but that's when you noticed something else.

His clothes looked too big for him. They weren't the same as before, when he was okay.

A loud gasp left your mouth without realizing and you stood up from your position by the bed. Your phone slipped through your fingers and fell on the floor with a loud thud. At that moment, you felt like you'd lose yourself too.