Chapter Seventy Eight - My Prince is All Pink

The removal of Wáng Yi Jun from his throne had been swift and bloodless.  He had never been well liked and was wise enough that having been caught laying hands on his own son, he would never hold onto the respect his position demanded.  Truthfully, his only true regret was his failure to taste the boy before he was dethroned. 

His traitorous First son and army generals had held a blade at his throat as he wrote the edict declaring First Prince as Emperor, before he was transported to a retreat in the North.  His concubines were offered the choice to follow him, but he had neglected so many of them over the years so very few were willing.  Even Du Xinyi denied him, having had eyes for a Palace Guard for many years! The remaining Concubines were, by seniority, given recompense and allowed to return home to their families or found more humble homes in the Capital or city of their choice. As the coffers were squeezed, many Concubines needed to wait or accept smaller compensations. Some tried to seduce Wáng Jie Long and Wáng Yu Long, despite the latter claiming to have accepted a 'First Wife', in order to keep their lifestyles that they had grown accustomed to. They found themselves turned out with nothing.

Huang Lei He was released from the Cold Palace, she immediately began to scheme to reclaim the throne for her son.  Who knew that it would actually be Wáng Ya Bao who told her off!  He wanted to be a scholar like big brother Yu Long, not be an Emperor and stuck with lots of wives(he held to his original claims about girls and would for another six years or so)! Huang Lei He pleaded with her son, but he threatened her, saying he would ask Big Brother Jie Long to banish her if she did not behave!  In the end, she was sent to the Southern Islands, where Huang Jing Ye was raising three sons and a daughter.  Her 'grandfather' husband was quite vigorous!

Feng Chun had been completely shocked when Wáng Yu Long returned with both his future Husband and (temporary) Concubine wife. How was he to explain this event?! However, Jie Long had declared it simply; Wáng Yu Long had become the Guardian of the Heartlands Living God. This was the beginning of a new treaty between the nations and would bring the Empire new prosperity and refreshed trade. As the majority of the Empire didn't understand what being a Guardian actually entailed, they could phrase this without difficulties.  Between the eunuch, Emperor, God and Guardian, they hashed out a formal treaty on parchment that even the most fickle of Ministers could not refute.

Wáng Jie Long moved into the Yang Palace, but stripped it of its any remaining possessions and furniture, declaring them as unpleasant.  Any valuables were moved into the vault.  It was easy to replace most things, ministers seeking to enter the Emperor's good graces gifted many items.  Feng Chun hired craftsmen to create new furnishings and these men were generously compensated.  The actual coronation was fairly low key, the Emperor declared that the tax money was needed first to begin restoration of the river banks in the East and South and as investment into the abandoned farms in the West.  People still lined the streets to see the new Emperor, however.  Ah how handsome!

For several days, Xiang Ah Liû moved into the White Orchid Palace with his husband.  They did not share the same bed at first.  Xiang Ah Liû actually knew very little marital matters; his arch priest always thought he would be able to discuss these things in time, not knowing that The Living God would claim (in a verbal sense) a partner before the actual ceremony.  The extent of his knowledge was that a husband and wife share a bed and the wife will become pregnant.  Which was why the maid, Keung Ai was now considered Concubine in his mind.  Yu Long had shared a bed with her, so she might be carrying his child.  As for marital matters between husbands...?

However Yu Long was plagued with dreams and cried out loud enough for his worried husband to hear.  Xiang Ah Liû and a couple of eunuchs had entered his rooms to find him thrashing about in bed, sweat beading upon his brow.  Ah Liû shooed the eunuchs away and saw to the man himself.