:::::Chapter 13:::::

Author's Note: Two weeks ago, this story was ranked at #676 in the hot-list. So, I want to thank all the people who voted on this story. :)

But when Anne was telling me everything, I felt as if she was speaking carefully like she didn't want me to know certain things that may slip out of her tongue.

"You said something about History not repeating itself," I say to her. "What History were you talking about?" She turns her head away, avoiding my gaze. "Answer me," I press her for an answer.

"I don't think I'm the right person to tell you," she says, still avoiding to look me in the eye. I'm tired of hearing that. Why do people always tell me that they're not the right people to tell me anything?

"I think you should leave," I say to her as I proceed to the bedroom door and open it for her.

She gets up from the bed and says, "I know you are angry at me for not answering your question but trust me, it's not even my past to tell you."

"I admit that I'm little angry but that's just because no one is willing to tell me what I want to know," I say. "I know that things are being kept from me and I also know that you all will tell me all those things when the time is right but today, after seeing Mrs. West cry, I want to desperately know what happened in the past, about what this so called History of yours consist of."

"Firstly, it's not even her history to tell," a very familiar voice says from behind me. The coldness in his voice gives me a clear idea who that person is. When I turn around, I'm greeted by the sight of Alarick standing at my doorway. How come I didn't notice his presence behind me? "Meet me in my study within five minutes," he says to me without any emotion on his face. How can a person be so emotionless? Doesn't he get tired of wearing the same passive expression on his face every time? He doesn't wait for my reply. He just walks away.

"Your brother needs to stop ordering around," I say to Anne.

She gives me a small smile. "He's an Alpha. It's in his nature to order around people," she says. "But this time, he didn't order you. He just told you to meet him in his study."

"I should better go to his study before he loses his cool," I say and leave my room, heading towards Alarick's study. With a slight knock on the door, it opens and I see that the study is in darkness with the only light coming from the lamp kept on Alarick's desk. And the man himself is sitting behind his desk with his head placed on his intertwined fingers. He looks scary considering the fact that his study is almost dark while being dimly illuminated by the lamp's light. The dim light is highlighting his sharp features.

"Why is your study in darkness?" I ask.

"I like being surrounded with darkness," he answers. "Close the door behind you. I don't want anyone to hear what we're about to talk." I close the door and walk towards his desk. He unclasps his hands. "Do you realize how much my family was worried about you, thinking that something bad happened to you when you were just exploring my territory?" He asks slowly. I can really tell that he's trying to push down his anger. "Do you realize that a Luna has responsibilities? Going missing for hours doesn't count as a responsibility of a Luna."

"By saying that, are you implying that I'm the Luna of your pack?" I ask mockingly as I cross my arms. "Last time I checked, you weren't even ready to believe that I'm your mate and now you're telling me about responsibilities of a Luna!"

"You are not my mate," he says with clenched jaws as he stands on his feet. "But my parents think otherwise. They think that you're the Luna of this pack. So I suggest you start acting like one for the sake of my parents. And that means informing them before going to one of your adventures." He's referring to my decision about exploring his territory and getting lost in the forest as "adventure." Which angers me even more.