Twelve

The Subject before me was a woman who called herself Savannah. Her fiery red hair sat matted against her head, and her arms were bound to the metal table underneath her. Her body was slumped and steaming, faint sizzling of burning skin still sounded in the otherwise quiet room. Rightfully what she deserves for keeping answers from me.

"I will not ask you again, Savannah."

A groan of pain left her as she tried to move her head to look at me. Nodding, I signaled Quentin to adjust her position instead. A very kind gesture on my part.

With a fistful of her hair and an arm over her abdomen, Quentin stayed still. Pleased, I stepped closer to observe the creature before me. Absolutely hideous. A small pool toy in my hand somehow made itself squirt water on the poor girl. What a pity.

Her groan of discomfort echoed off of the concrete walls. Deciding I had had enough, I emptied the entire bucket of water onto the screaming girl before me. She sound of burning flesh reminded me of the bacon I had cooked this morning.

Signaling Quentin to follow, I left the girl as she was. These mutants had the ability to heal themselves, so she'd be fine within the hour. I hadn't progressed enough to find a way to slow this healing process. At least, not on anyone but Xavian. Two days have passed since his incident with Aleena, and his wounds are still recovering. Quite the accomplishment in my book.

"My dear Xavian. I was just thinking about you."

She ran her fingernails up his sculpted torso, still amazed at how he managed to stay so in shape. She ran her index finger directly on top of the knife wounds she had caused. She enjoyed the discomfort she put him in. It thrilled her when she applied pressure to the semi-healed wound above his naval.

When his eyes snapped open, she watched his pupils adjust to the bright light of the room. When he hissed at her and showed his fangs, she laughed. She gripped his face in a tight grip, the smell of her foul breath made him hold his. She proceeded to whisper things to him. Things he had heard before, and things he chose to ignore. He wasn't bothered until she mentioned her name.

"Aleena is on her way here. I'll leave you without restraints again. I'll even be nice enough to leave some dinner with you as well. We'll see what that little mark does to you." He felt something wet on the shell of his ear before he realized she had licked him. A growl rumbled in his chest, making her laugh again. She wasn't fazed one bit, because she knew he would never be strong enough to break his restraints.

She would never allow his strength to be what it once was. That was the only thing she truly feared. One day without the injection she had regularly given him for thirty years would lead to the distraction of her thirty-five year long project. She had lost too much to let a mere creature interrupt her of that.

"Do you remember when I was young, Xavian?" She placed her elbow on his chest, her chin rested comfortably on her palm. "So vibrant and full of life."

All he did was look at her. He didn't know what she was doing, but he hated it regardless.

"So full of a life you wish you could've taken from me. A life for a life. Isn't that right?" His blood began to boil. She knew this would earn a reaction out of him, and he hated she had once again pushed her way through to him.

"You haven't eaten in some time, Xavian." She moved herself away from him and produced a scalpel. She pressed the blade into her palm and held it out to Xavian. He kept his mouth closed tight when he lunged at her as far as his restraints would allow. He didn't miss the sudden fearful look that appeared on Moira's face. This made him smirk at her.

She grew angry at his sudden nerve, so she quickly grabbed a syringe and held it to his face. "You're not as strong as you think you are. I've crippled you many times before, you ungrateful creature. You're lucky to be alive right now."