12

Danny lid across the piano, watching the "subtle" construction continue in the study. At first he was a bit offended he was not consulted, but he quickly resigned to the fact this was technically not his house. It was Bruce's, and if Bruce wanted to build a staircase behind the grandfather clock that led into the giant cave filled with bats underneath the mansion, he could; but Danny was definitely going to get the last word in, dispute the fact he didn't speak to the residents of the house.

At first he'd talk to Alfred whenever the butler asked a question, but eventually they didn't have to say anything to each other. The man was surprisingly good at understanding unspoken messages.

They taught each other things of importance in the seven years he had been there. He taught Alfred how to handle hostile spirits, how to walk silently, and how to sense a presence in a room.

Alfred taught him how to play the piano, how to perfectly make his footsteps creak when he walked, how much to flicker a light before it became ineffective to frighten people, how to throw his voice, and diner party etiquette; he was mostly just a "How to haunt" teacher.

And then Bruce came back. The man, after he shaved, actually looked charming. He was nothing like Vlad. Bruce actually took up vigilantism, reminding Danny of the first year of his death.

Now Bruce needed a man-cave with a secret access specifically located in Danny's favourite room, and Danny was going to give him exactly what he wanted.