Gone

Leo Lung's body had been frozen, paralyzed in fear, for what seemed like hours. His mind was blank. He couldn't call for help, and anytime he tried to open his mouth, it felt like he was trying to move the largest mountain. He was strong, but Tai Lung was stronger..

The asian lion felt like giving in. After about an hour, he finally gave up that no one was going to find him. {I'm as good as dead. No one ever comes back around here...}

Suddenly he heard an explosion. Leo wanted to flinch in surprise, but his body was locked. But he could still hear and see. Out of the corner of his vision, he saw the Valley of Peace. One of the building was collapsing. {No!} He though in horror. Tai Lung wasn't lying. He heard the screams of the villagers. Leo Lung wanted so desperately to help them. But he couldn't do anything.

"Leo Lung!" He heard someone call his name. "Leo Lung! Where are you?" It was Shifu! Leo Lung wanted to roar, 'Here I am, help me!' But he couldn't move.

Evantually, about 3 minutes later, Shifu rounded the corner, his eyes wild as he searched for his son. His eyes landed on Leo's paralyzed form. He gasped and ran over, examining him. His paws landed on his chest in a complex form of taps, freeing him of paralysis.

"Leo Lung!" He said, his voice slightly panicked, "What is going on?!"

"It's Tai Lung.." Leo Lung said, standing up and looking towards the Valley. He clutched his injured shoulder. The villagers were still screaming, and suddenly there was another explosion, coming from a different building. Leo Lung winced, and continued speaking, "He's mad. He wanted the Dragon Scroll." He said, looking at Shifu. One of the buildings collapsed.

"We must defend the Dragon Scroll. Go warn Master Oogway.." He muttered. Then the red panda took off running towards the Hall of Warriors, where the Dragon Scroll resided.

Leo Lung took off towards the Cherry Tree on top of the Mountain where the tortoise usually spent his time meditating. His heart thudded in his ears. As he began ascending the mountain, he saw the Oogway was also making his way down. Skidding to a stop, Leo Lung looked at Oogway, his eyes wild,

"Tai Lung..." Leo Lung gasped for air, "He is attacking the Valley...We must defend the Dragon Scroll!" Before the tortoise could say anything, Leo picked up Master Oogway and ran back to the Hall of Warriors.

"You needn't have to carry me.." Oogway said as Leo ran back to the Hall of Warriors. The lion ignored him. He ran inside the building and ran to the Dragon scroll. Shifu was waiting.

Another explosion rang out, along with the screams of the villagers.

"We need to go help them!" Leo Lung said, looking at Shifu and Oogway.

"No! You'll be -" Shifu said, his eyes wide and slightly panicked. He seemed to know that Tai Lung was stronger than Leo Lung.

"People are dying, Master! I can't live knowing that Tai Lung, my brother, is causing this! Someone has to help." He said, trailing off towards the end. Leo Lung turned to the door and began running towards the Valley. Suddenly the door exploded inwards. Leo Lung skidded to a stop. If he had been 2 inches to the left, he would have been impaled by a door shard.

As the smoke and dust cleared, Tai Lung leapt through the opening, only to be stopped by the asian lion.

"Hello, Brother. I see you have recovered from your paralysis." He said, false sweetness lacing his voice. Leo Lung glared at him, his mane bristling.

"Get out of here, Tai Lung. I know why you're here."

"Do you?!" He asked, feigning surprise. Leo growled. Tai Lung chuckled.

"Well, I paralyzed you once, it can happen again!"

With that, the two brother began battling. Tai Lung barraged the lion with attacks, and Leo had to either dodge the attacks, block them, or receive them. Leo Lung tried to slip a punch or kick in there, but the snow leopard was ferocious and relentless.

Leo Lung's shoulder was screaming with pain, but he discarded it. He had to defend the Dragon Scroll. As Tai Lung tried to land a nasty blow to his head, Leo Lung ducked out of the way and launched his own array of attacks.

As the lion began his own array of attacks, Tai Lung tried to dodge and counter. But when the pain in Leo Lung's shoulder caused the lion to hesitate, Tai Lung took the advantage. Tai Lung pinned Leo against one of the columns. Leo Lung tried to push him off, the snow leopard clamped a large paw around his throat. Leo Lung gasped. His mane was supposed to protect him, and keep him safe. But Tai Lung was strong, pushing through the thick, course fur and clamping his paw around his throat. Leo opened his mouth, trying to get an ounce of air, clawing at the massive claws digging into his throat.

Shifu watched in horror has his two sons fought to what seemed like the death. As Leo Lung tried to defend against his savage brother, Shifu seemed to know who was going to win.

"I need to stop them..Tai Lung will kill him." He said as Tai Lung held a choke hold on Leo.

Before Oogway had a chance to stop him, Shifu ran to Leo Lung's aid. Tai Lung saw Shifu coming and threw the lion to the ground. Leo Lung gasped for air, clutching his throat.

Both Shifu and Tai Lung charged at each other. Shifu was about to deliver a fierce, knock-out kick to Tai Lung's face. But he hesitated. How could he destroy him? He loved Tai Lung...

Tai Lung, sensing his master's hesitation, took the advantage. He delivered a nasty knife-hand, crushing his hips and pushing him to the floor.

Tai Lung ran towards the Dragon Scroll. Nothing could stand between him and his destiny!

But Oogway thought otherwise. He leapt into the air, pushing his claws into the cats chest and paralyzing him. The snow leopard fell to the floor, paralyzed and unconscious. Shifu crawled to Tai Lung, and Leo Lung joined him,

"I'm sorry.." Leo Lung whispered.

"It's not your fault." Shifu said quietly, placing a small paw on Tai Lung's muzzle. Oogway watched, a sullen look on his face.

"I should have known he would do this." Leo said. "I knew he was angry."

"It's not your fault, Leo Lung." Shifu repeated, looking at Leo Lung.

"But I could have prevented it. I could have stopped this!" The lion said, his voice cracking and tears threatening to spill over his eyes as he held his aching shoulder, which was bleeding now.. Shifu turned to comfort the lion, but Leo backed away.

"Leo..! Come back!" He ran after Leo, but stopped. Oogway walked up to him slowly, placing a hand on his shoulder. Shifu pushed him off.

Leo Lung ran and ran. Tears streaked down his muzzle, blurring his vision. He could hear Shifu trying to chase him down, but he stopped after he left the Hall of Warriors. Eventually, as he ran, his legs took him to his room. He removed his paw from his shoulder, and sobbed at the sight of blood on his paw.

His shoulder hurt so bad, but he didn't want to go outside his room. He didn't know what happened to Tai Lung. And he didn't want to know. In all honesty, he liked it when he didn't know.