Holding Grudges

Let's see how Tai Lung reacts to seeing his brother after defeating him and being sent to jail! Will he feel remorse for his actions, or will he be stuck in his ways? Let's find out!

.

.

"Behold, Tai Lung." The rhino said, pulling down the drawbridge.

Leo Lung's eyes widened at the sight before him. His fur bristled involuntarily and his tail lashed. His heart plummeted.

Tai Lung. The snow leopard who was as powerful as an elephant. Once one of the greatest Kung-Fu warriors. Leo Lung's life-long best friend. Now reduced to an unmoving prisoner.

Leo drank in the sight before him. His arms were stretched to his sides, and a tortoise-shell like contraption on his back. Jade pins dug into his spine, and he was kneeling painfully on the floor. He couldn't move at all.

"Tai Lung..." Leo said, his voice much shakier than he wanted it to be, "What happened?"

At the sound of his brothers name, Tai Lung's ears twitched. He looked up. Tai Lung's golden eyes widened. For a split second, Leo could see surprise and even a trace fear in his eyes. But then the snow leopard placed an invisible mask over his face. The snow leopard lowered his head so that he was staring at the floor. Tai Lung growled at his brother,

"Leave me.." He rasped.

"I won't. I can't leave you." Leo Lung approached his brother, the rhino captain and two guards following, each armed. Leo continued, "What you did was wrong. I hope you know that, an-"

"I do not want to hear your lectures!" Tai growled menacingly, "I said LEAVE ME!" Tai Lung suddenly snarled, lunging forward. Leo lurched backwards, his fur bristling. Tai Lung stopped suddenly, the pins on his back digging into the tortoise-shell like contraption. Tai Lung winced in pain, and returned to his former kneeling position.

The rhino guards surged forward, ready to attack on a moment's notice. Two rhinos armed a giant crossbow, but Leo Lung held them back, raising a paw before they could spear the snow leopard to death.

"Leo Lung.." The rhino captain said, his eyes hard, "This animal..this thing, is a criminal."

"And this criminal is my brother." Leo quickly countered, "And I want to talk with him." At this, the captain was silent for a moment, then hesitantly backed up.

"Tai Lung, I can feel that you regret this. I know it. But...no matter what you feel. I still forgive you. I forgive you." He muttered that last part, looking his brother in the eyes, even though his head was ducked. The snow leopard growled softly, lashing his tail, but did not say a word.

With that, Leo Lung stood up. He felt sadness in his heart. Leo took a deep breath and exhaled. Casting one last forlorn glance at his brother, he left wordlessly.

.

.

Tai Lung's Point of View

I had been here for only a few days. I did not know where I was, for I woke up like this. I could not move my arms, they were chained. A heavy contraption was on my back, and dug sharp pins or spikes into my muscles if I even twitched. I hated it. Is this my punishment for destroying the Valley?

I could hear footsteps just outside the island where he was chained. I did not know who they were, but I did not really care. The rhinos that guarded this place were cruel to me. I simply ignored them. That was until the drawbridge was lowered and I heard the voice of the rhino captain. And my brother, Leo Lung. When I heard his voice, my ear twitched involuntarily.

My head lifted up, and my golden eyes widening at the sight of my brother. He had bandages on his shoulder from when I had pushed him out of the window, and he looked tired. I narrowed my eyes, twitched my tail, and growled at him,

"Leave me.." I rasped to Leo Lung. I did not want to see him, so I lowered my head so that all I could see in my vision the ground. I did not want to face him. But Leo Lung, who became almost as stubborn as I was, approached me, his pawsteps heavy. Leo spoke, going on about how what I did was wrong. Anger began boiling up inside my body. Who was Leo to come to me and tell me what to do and what to think?! Suddenly my anger seemed to spike, and I could feel my fur bristling,

"I do not want to hear your lectures!" I growled, " I said LEAVE ME!" I roared, lunging forward. The pins dug painfully into my back, causing pain to radiate throughout my entire body. I scowled and ignored it. I surged forward towards Leo, trying to claw him, but I could barely even move his arms thanks to the chains {Curse these chains...} I thought, resorting back to my kneeling position and casting his eyes downward. The rhinos began talking to Leo, but I was hardly listening.

Eventually, Leo Lung kneeled down to his my level and spoke. I stared intently at the ground, trying to block him out. I heard him say three words.

"I forgive you."

I kept my head lowered and eyes closed so I could mask any emotion. But I suddenly felt a longing for my dear brother. Leo Lung hadn't done anything. He hadn't taken part in the plot to hold back the scroll.

 Or what if he had? What if Leo Lung was plotting with Shifu and Oogway to keep the scroll from him, and they were doing it to tease me? To give it to someone else and watch me suffer? Was I doomed for all time to rot in this wretched jail?

It was all a rouse. Leo Lung was not my ally. Not any more. That much was true.

.

Authors Note: Uh oh, looks like Tai Lung is forming a grudge against his younger brother. If you want to know what happens next, follow the story to know when more comes out! Favorite the story if you really like it. If you want to make yourself heard, leave a review so you can express your thoughts about the story! Reviews, favorites, and follows are my best motivation!