War in the Making

After a user suggestion and a great deal of thinking, I have decided to implement a new part into this story. I hope you all enjoy it.

.

.

.

Leo Lung slowly crested the mountain top, his mane ruffled and his eyes unfocused. As he left Chorh-Gom prison, he felt his heart longing for his brother. He could feel it. How could Tai Lung, the passionate, ambitious brother that Leo loved and respected, destroy the Valley and ruin Shifu, Oogway, and Leo's life?

The lion hated thinking on the issue. The more he thought about it, the deeper he fell into sadness and anger. Leo kept on brooding in silence. As he slowly descended into the valley of another mountain, he glanced upwards.

He had reached the goat farm he had passed on his way there. The asiatic lion slowly edged towards the end of the farm. But the young kid bleated out and Leo had attention unwillingly drawn to him.

Leo temporarily tried to hide his anger and sadness and put on a blank face. The family had kindly offered him some more food and a place to stay for the night, but he polite declined their offer. Leo knew that he was upset, and he feared that he would unintentionally lash out at the family. He would not want to strike fear in their hearts. He was already the brother of a criminal. No need to become one.

Soon enough, Leo began to climb a few more mountains when he heard a deep rumbling sound reverberating throughout the mountain range. The ground trembled beneath his paws. Leo glanced around, wondering what caused such an event. He saw a rocky outcrop and quickly scaled it.

From his new perch, Leo glanced about, searching for the cause of the ground trembling. Was there an earthquake? Then, over the peak of another mountain, he saw it. A storm. A storm of monstrous proportions. Lightning struck from the clouds- a white flash of angry claws swiping towards the ground, disappearing as fast as it appeared.

The lion frowned. If he was to evade such a storm, he would have to make haste back to the security of the Jade Palace. Leo gathered his small bag of items- which was reduced to a change of clothes at this point, and began trotting on all fours. He would hate to get caught in a storm like that. Leo continued back towards the Valley of Peace. The thoughts of warm cots, how happy Shifu and Oogway and the rest of the Jade Palace would be to see him, and the intensity yet joy in training kept him at a steady pace.

But the wind picked up. Leo glanced behind him and groaned in frustration. The storm was right behind him. The ground occasionally rumbled, and he could sometimes see the flashes of lightning light up shadows of rocks and branches. Leo stood back on his hind legs and picked up the pace to a jog. As Leo rounded a side of a large mountain, he saw something.

It was the cave. The cave he slept in on his first night. A sigh escaped Leo's lips. The lion ran full speed to the shelter. He leapt into the cave just as the storm hit. Leo turned and looked behind him. The violent winds blew rain into the cave, and Leo backed up. He hit the wall of the cave, and he frowned. {This is a big storm} He thought to himself {I'll meditate..When I am finished, the storm will be passed and I shall return home..}

.

.

Leo Lung had barely begun to meditate. He knew just enough about meditation to be able to calm his mind and quiet his spirit. Leo, while he was mild-mannered, was never a fan of meditation in his younger years. He always preferred to be doing something- whether it be training, hiking, or even eating.