Jailbreak

Now that Tai Lung has all he needs to escape (which is literally one feather) he won't wait any longer. Let's blow this joint!

.

.

Tai Lung's Point of View

Tai Lung knew the pattern. He knew the lock on the contraption, almost by heart. During his first few years in the prison, Tai Lung had thought of countless escape plans, which all rode on him getting the trap off of his back. He would have to know how to unlock the contraption. Of course, he was never able to go through with his plans, considering he did not have a key or lock-pick.

But now Tai Lung had this little goose feather. Hopefully it would be all he needed. He gently lifted the feather with his thick tail. He placed it into the little slit on the back of the shell. Tai Lung gave it a little push to see how it would work.

He heard a click.

His confidence skyrocketing, Tai Lung used his tail to use the key as some sort of lock-pick. His ears twitched as he heard the clicks of the locks being released. Finally, Tai Lung moved the key into the final position and flicked it with his tail.

The jade pins in his back began to spin gently. The pins extracted from his back, flying outward in countless different directions. The relief Tai Lung felt was tremendous. During his first couple of days in the prison, he had thrashed and threw himself around, trying to escape, causing the pins to dig mercilessly into his back. He spent twenty years in that agonizing state, knowing that even one little flinch would cause him more pain.

Tai Lung tensed up. He unsheathed his claws and let out a moan. He felt the muscles rippling in his back, ready to be free. Tai Lung surged upwards, breaking the tortoiseshell off of his back and listening in satisfaction as the debris crashed against the floor and walls.

"Oh no!" A voice claimed from above Tai. He glanced upwards and saw it was Vachir.

"What's happening?" The newcomer asked, "Ah!" He gulped. Tai Lung saw it was a goose.

Tai Lung raised himself onto one knee and pulled his arms close to him. The giant boulders weighing down his arms began to shift and climb upward as the powerful snow leopard tugged his arms closer to him. He saw Vachir looking down at him from way above. Tai Lung roared at him in defiance and rage.

"Fire all crossbows!" Vachir bellowed out.

Tai Lung could see several pairs of rhinos manning different crossbows. One rhino ordered a crossbow to fire, and Tai Lung felt the giant arrow land near inches away from him. If he were three inches to the left, his body would have been impaled by the large ballistic arrow. Several more abnormally large arrows sped towards him. Tai Lung shifted his body so that none of the arrows hit him.

The leopard glared at a pair of rhinos manning the last crossbow. They fired. Tai Lung leaned heavily to the left, so that his right arm was right in the line of sight of the arrow.

The arrow struck his wrist, shattering the chain and effectively freeing his right paw. Tai Lung felt his confidence, and arrogance, growing. This plan was coming along brilliantly.

Tai Lung grabbed the final chain around his left wrist and pulled it free. The chain and the boulder fell over the edge of the cliff. Tai looked upward to see how much farther he had to get out.

"TAI LUNG IS FREE!" The goose screamed, "I must warn Shifu!"

"You're not going anywhere and neither is he!" Vachir grabbed the goose, holding him by his neck. He ordered the elevator to be brought back.