XVI

I had just arrived at a café Taehyung told me to meet him at. The place was kind of empty so as soon as I stepped in I saw him on a table at the end of the café.

He looked serious, but nothing for me to worry about, just a little weird, maybe he was just stressed.

"Hey, babe." I say and kiss his cheek before sitting across from him.

"I already ordered a expresso and a donut for you, okay?" he says.

"Okay, sure." I smile at him and he gives a small grin in return.

"How has your day been going?" he asks.

"Normal. I woke up and went to the grocery store and that was it." I explain, "What about you? You look a little stressed."

"Yeah, my day has been a little... Overwhelming." he says.

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"Just work and family stuff. Got some news today." he says as the waiter serves our order.

"What's up? Is it what you wanted to talk to me about?" I ask.

"Yeah..." he sighs, getting one of those metal bottles of alcohol and putting the - probably - scotch on his drink, "My dad was diagnosed with cancer." he says and I widen my eyes.

"What?!" I ask, "I mean... You don't look sad...?"

"That's because I am not sad. I was raised expecting this to happen one day, and this day is here... Finally."

"Finally?"

"I'll finally be free." he looks at me in the eyes, "My dad has been privatizing me from doing what I want. I don't love him, I never had the reasons to, but I always respected him, I had to, so I did what he told me to, but now... I'll finally be me." he explains.

"What do you mean?" I ask, reachingfot his hand.

"I'll buy a house in the countryside and live a ordinary life for once. I have always wanted to live a ordinary life." he explains with glassy yet intense eyes, squeezing my hand a little.

"I can provide you with that." I say.

"What?" he asks, puzzled.

"I can take you to my hometown. You'll meet my parents. My old life. How ordinary people live." I explain.

"M-Meet your parents?" he stutters out.

"Yes, Taehyung." I chuckle.

"Really? That would be... Amazing." he smiles.

"Then we're going." I say.

We finally stop in front of my house after a few hours of driving. I feel a rush of emotions through my veins, which fades away once I feel his hand wrapping around mine.

"Your hand is sweaty. You're nervous." he says, concern clear in his voice.

"Yes. A little. A lot, actually."

"Don't be. It's gonna be fine. I'm here with you." he says and I grin.

We both leave the car and I ring the doorbell; the same old one.

My dad opens up and surprise takes over his face as he looks at me. His hairs seem greyer and he's grown a beard now.

"Hayun?" his voice sounds shaky.

"Dad." I smile.

He pulls me into a tight hug all of a sudden, making me yelp, but soon hold him back.