15- Emotions

*the paladins running to the healing pods*

|Word count- 2775

Warnings- mildly emotional(?), mild swearing(idk if this one even has any)

Your heart thumped against your chest and you swore you must've been crying. You knew exactly what had happened, or what was happening. Will was in danger.

It hurt to even think about it, like a needle stabbing you repeatedly in the heart, Death having no mercy. You ran faster as you neared the hall that the pods resided in, scrambling to wipe away your tears.

You stopped, wiping away the tears with your sleeve. Pidge eventually caught up to you, placing a hand on your shoulder as she looked on at you, concern lacing her eyes.

"You okay?" She asks and you don't know whether to nod, shake your head, or shrug; you do nothing.

Pidge notices your silence and is almost hesitant to try anything. She grabs your hand anyway and gives it a reassuring squeeze before letting go as Keith and Lance come round the corner. Lance was obviously distressed about the whole ordeal, judging from his frantic and concerned eyes flicking from you to the door.

Keith looked concerned, or what you thought to be concerned; you could never tell with him.

Pidge stood closer to you than normal, her shoulder barely grazing yours and you silently prayed neither of the other two noticed; you did not need to explain right now.

"Are we gonna go see Will or not?" Lance asked, he tone growing stern and almost angry. You give a small nod, walking forward and past the two boys and into the room.

Shiro and Allura were already there, standing next to a scurrying Coran. Allura paced across the floor, only stopping when Shiro places a hand on her shoulder.

"What's going on?" you demand, striding to stand in front of Shiro, not bothering with your height difference.

Allura cut in. "Will's condition has worsened. Apparently, the venom isn't responding to the healing pod and I'm afraid there is nothing we can do."

You were about to start shouting, crying even, but Allura took notice and quickly added, "As of right now!"

You calmed just a bit, looking to Coran.

Coran began on a long sentence, using words you blocked out, you only focusing on the other Altean standing motionless in the pod.

Will mattered as much to you as your family once did. He was your family in some cases, some even mistaking you for siblings. You would laugh as Will made a sarcastic retort.

He teased you countless times for acting awkward and stuttering around Pidge, but he really did care. He cared for your wellbeing. He cared for you in general. He was, and this may sound cliche, one of the true friends you actually cared for;

He really was all you had. And you weren't about to let him go.

You stomped forward, asking Coran to move and taking his place next to the pod's panel, trying to read over the odd text.

"Coran, can you read this aloud to me?" You asked, not breaking your gaze from the screen. He obliges and reads it aloud, and your heart turns cold when he reads the final sentence.

"Chance of survival- Moderately Low,"

You clasped your hand over your mouth, trying to stop the tears that demanded to fall. You couldn't begin to comprehend a world without the Will, the one, and only Will.