53. Bad News

[Edited]

Another firework bursted through the night sky against the stars above.

The sparkly blue pom-pom exploded inside another bursting purple hoop, shape slowly disbanding as it made its fluttering fall back down to Earth. 

I turned to my left, realizing Jungkook was less interested in the pretty display before him as his eyes peered at my face.

"What's that smirk for?" I asked, giving him a little nudge with my elbow to which his arms swiftly draped around my shoulders as we sat in the sand, slowly unwinding in the fresh night air. 

I could faintly hear the soft murmurs of my mom and Jin a little ways behind us, comfortably seated on beach chairs, having a deep discussion about her cuisine experience throughout her travels. 

My dad, Tae, and Jimin continued to shoot off fireworks like three excited children on Christmas morning. My dad always did like Taehyung, well, the less he knows about the truth behind that shitty relationship, the better.

'I wonder how Taehyung feels about this whole thing...'

I tensed slightly as Jungkook sucked in a deep breath and pretended to think, huffing out a chuckle as he pulled my body into his lap, using the crook of my neck as a rest for his chin. "I have a whole list of cheesy pick up lines you'd hate to hear."

Looking up at the pretty array of lights sprinkling over the ocean I groaned, "You are very right." 

Cool sand ran through my fingers therapeutically as they mindlessly combed deep into the soft grains underneath us. Jungkook's breath fanned against the side of my face, lips lightly brushing against my ear as he started to whisper.

"Are you the ocean? Because baby, I wanna swim in you all day," his fingers tickled at my sides and I tried to pull away from his grasp, face scrunched up in full blown cringe.

"God, please no!" 

He leaned in closer against my back, light kisses beginning to trail down the side of my face, my neck.

"Even though there aren't any stars out tonight, you're still shining like one."

A giggle began to form at the back of my throat and I faked a cough, pushing it back down stubbornly. "But there are stars out tonight, you idiot!" 

His teeth nipped at my skin in punishment and I held in the whimper aching to come out.

"You're such a mood killer," he muttered but the sly smile remained on his soft lips.

"Right, says the man ruining this beautiful night with pick up lines to someone he's pretty much already picked up," I rolled my eyes and successfully wiggled myself out of his arms to sit beside him in fear my dad would feel too uncomfortable seeing us this snuggled up.