Chapter 5

"Everybody up!" Eric shouts.

We're in the transfers toom, Eric, Four, Theo,Glades, myself and a few others.

Eric called a surprise meeting after tdinner to tell us about the Dauntless tradition.

I look at Four and see him looking at something. I follow his eyes to see them on.......Tris. I narrow my eyes at her.

"Did you go deaf stiff?" Eric shouts at her. Glades next to me snorts.

"This is going to be fun." I tell her.

"Remember when we went through this?"

"Yeah, those paint balls hurt."

"I still have the bruises from it!" Theo says to us.

We all laugh.

"You have five minutes ti get dressed and meet us by the track." Says Eric. "We're going on another field trip."

- - - -

The transfers rush  up behind the Dauntless-born intiates and wait  out of breath.

We stand next to the tracks waiting  for the train. Next to the train tracks, are a pile of paintball guns and boxes of paintballs.

"Everyone  grab a gun!" Eric shouts.

The intiates scramble to get a gun and ammunition, stumbling over each other.

"Time estimate?" Eric asks Four.

Four checks his watch. "Any minute now. How long is it going to take you to memorize thr train schedule?"

Shoving Four's shoulder, Eric says "Why should  I, when I have you to remind  me of it?"

"Boys," I say. "Play nice." A few of the older Dauntless laugh.

The train passes,  slowing down slightly for us to get on.

Four takes off first, with Tris behind him.

"Look, the Stiff's ready." Glades says.

"Move it initates!" I shout. They all go after  the train, hopping on it.

Once everyone  gets on, I stand  by the door leading to the other cars with Theo and Four speaks.

"We'll  be dividing  into two teams to play capture the flag. Each team will have an even  mix of members, Dauntless-borns initates, and transfers. One team will  get off first and find a place to hide their flag. Then the second team will get off and do the same. This is a Dauntless tradition, so I suggest you take it seriously."

"What do we get if we win?"

"Sounds like a question someone not from Dauntless would ask." I speak  up. "You get to win of course."

"Four  and I will be your team captains. Let's  divide up the transfers shall we?" Eric says.

"You go first." Four says.

"Edward."

Four  looks at the transfers briefly then says "I want  the stiff." I look at him confused while everyone laughs.

"Got something to prove?" Eric smirks. "Or are you just picking  the weak ones so that if you lose, you'll  have someone to blame it on?"

"Something like that. Your turn."

"Peter." I roll my eyes.

"Christina."

"Molly."