Chapter 21

Jisoo stood nervously in her place, waiting for the doors of the venue to open and reveal Jennie. Chaeyoung was standing behind her, giving Jisoo the support she needed.

After their conversation, the 3 girls had parted ways, with Jisoo and Chaeyoung heading towards the altar and Lisa rushing off to find Jennie. Jisoo scanned the crowd and spotted Changmin's face. He smiled at her encouragingly and gave her a thumbs up, slightly calming her nervous state.

Jisoo's eyes continued to scan the crowd, reporters and journalists who were seated at the back were trying to capture every single moment of the wedding with their cameras. Jisoo's eyes landed on Jennie's mother.

The older woman gave a slight nod, giving Jisoo her approval and gratitude.

Just then, the doors to the venue opened, revealing Lisa, who elegantly makes her way down the aisle. The younger came up to stand in her place on the altar. She looks towards Jisoo and Chaeyoung and smiled at them, trusting that Jennie was in good hands.

Jisoo returns the gesture. Her smile brightens when she spots Jaehyun in the front row. The little boy smiled brightly at Jisoo and waved at her. Jisoo chuckles at his gesture and slightly waves back.

Jaehyun had received his heart transplant about a week ago, just a day after Jisoo's phone call with Suho. Technically, Jaehyun was supposed to remain in the hospital for at least 2 more weeks to monitor his condition, but since nothing seemed to be wrong with his health and it was Jisoo's big day, Changmin had made an exception and allowed the younger to leave the hospital for one day.

Finally, the doors to the venue opened, revealing Jennie, her arms tightly linked to her father's. The lights dimmed as the 2 began to make their way down the aisle.

Jisoo gazes lovingly at Jennie as the younger girl gracefully walks down the aisle in her dress. When Jennie and her father approached the altar, Mr. Kim carefully places his daughter's hand inside Jisoo's.

Mr. Kim: I'm putting my trust in you to take care of my daughter Jisoo.

Jisoo: Don't worry Abeonim, Jennie is in good hands.

Mr. Kim gave Jisoo a slight smile before giving Jennie a kiss on her cheek.

Mr. Kim: I love you Jennie-ah.

Jennie: I love you too appa.

Mr. Kim smiles at his daughter once more before heading towards his seat. Once he was seated, Jisoo and Jennie turn to face the priest.

After the 2 girls had finished exchanging their vows and wedding rings, they stood still as they listened to the priest say his next words, announcing that they were finally wedded.

Priest: You may now kiss.

Jisoo looks into Jennie's eyes and she could see the dread and hesitation in them. Despite feeling nervous, she slowly leans forward and connected their lips. At first, Jennie didn't respond to the kiss, but after a few moments, Jisoo felt the younger's lips move against hers in perfect synchronization.

The crowd cheered and clapped for the newly wedded couple while the reporters were eagerly capturing photos.

The taste of Jennie's lips were just as she had remembered.

The younger's lips were soft and gentle against Jisoo's. She could taste the familiar flavor of banana lip bomb that Jennie would always wear. She wanted this moment to last forever.

However, Jennie had quickly pulled away from the kiss much to Jisoo's disappointment.

Jisoo stares at Jennie's face and saw the disgust reflected in her eyes.