Chapter Fifty Six

Isaac's POV

"What's going on, Dee? You've been acting weird since last night."

Dion shakes his head as he continues to roll the blunt in front of him. Although it was fücking freezing, we were currently hanging out in my back yard getting ready to smoke.

Pops had called a meeting about an hour an a half ago and Dion stuck around afterwards while everyone left, including my parents.

Every second Saturday of the month was date night, tonight just so happen to be my parents first date in awhile since everything has happened between them, and pops really wanted it to be special.

"Does Ang know you're smoking again?" I ask as I watch Dion flick his lighter on, starting to burn his blunt evenly.

He shrugs his shoulders inhaling smoke into his lungs, "I think she suspects," he says while holding his breath to release the smoke a few seconds later.

He begins to cough a bit, passing the blunt in my direction, his arm lingers in the air for a few seconds as I stare a the blunt in his hand, debating whether or not I actually wanted to take a hit. I might've fucked up getting drunk a couple weeks ago, but I have yet to get high since the day I landed in the hospital.

"You don't have to take it KP," Dion sits back in his chair placing the blunt in between his lips. "I was just being polite," he exhales.

I wave my hand indicating that he pass it over this way. "Since when are you so courteous?" I say taking the blunt from his hands, instantly placing it in between my lips.

He merely chuckles but doesn't really say anything else, he's pensive, he's been like that for the past couple days actually. I exhale releasing the smoke from my lungs, "are you gonna tell me what's bothering you, Dion?"

"It's nothing," he leans over reaching for the blunt and I pull it back.

"Dee, you know you can talk to me, right? Whether it has to do with Ang or not, I'm here for you."

"I know," he mumbles and I hand him back the blunt. "I just didn't think it would be this hard," he says inhaling more smoke into him. "The whole relationship thing."

"Yeah," I chuckle softly. "Neither did I."

"What if-" he pauses to take another toke. "What if it ends bad, what if it all just ends up being a mistake, I don't want to lose my best friend," he admits.

"You won't, Dee. You guys basically cheated the system," I joke taking the blunt away from him. "You're best friends, you know every little thing about one another, you grew up together, you avoided the whole awkward getting to know each other phase, you would've know if it was a mistake right after sleeping with each other, you're guaranteed to last, dude. Look at me, Dion."

He turns his head in my direction and I slouch down to his level, he was sitting forward with his arms laying on his lap. "Love isn't always sunshine and rainbows, it has it's scary moments, especially for someone who's never been in a relationship, someone who doesn't like feeling vulnerable."

I inhale another puff into my mouth sitting back in my chair, releasing the smoke, "we're taught to pray on weaknesses," I say. "And to feel for someone else other than yourself is to be vulnerable, to be weak, it brings every single one of your guards down, it begins to change you as a person, but I promise you, Dee, if you don't fight it it's one of the best feelings in the world."

I smile to myself, "letting her in, letting her see that I'm so much more than some hoodlum changed everything. It's natural feeling to be scared, shit I still get scared here and there. I'm scared of what I could be capable of just to see her happy, to make sure she doesn't leave me again, lord knows I'm running out of second chances. I'm scared of completely destroying myself if she ever does decide that she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, I'd drop this life, this world, if it meant she would still be mine, but you don't have that problem with, Ang, Dee. She was born into this life, you don't have to guard yourself around her, she know you, everything, you don't have to hide things from her, you don't have to constantly lie your way out of shit because you're afraid of what could happen, you have it fucking made, dude, I can promise you whatever's going on it'll pass, you guys were destined to be together."