Vol 2 Chap 56- Why is there a door between their rooms?

XH 56

Just when Xiao Hua wanted to see if she can crack Si Si's poker face, someone interrupted.

"Elder Sister Hua." An Jing and Tian Zi approached them, carrying a pile of folded clothes that they had just collected from the laundry department. Unlike lowly ranked servants, An Jing and Tian Zi were allowed to have the laundry servants to wash their clothing, leaving them more time and effort in serving the Third Prince.

"Sister An Jing, Sister Tian Zi," Xiao Hua greeted cheerfully.

"Is there anything wrong?" An Jing's eyes were originally approachable when she was looking at Xiao Hua, but when it slowly trailed over to Si Si, her eyes were like sharp blades, piercing her with a sharp look.

"I will return to my task. Please excuse me." Si Si bowed and quickly escaped.

"Elder Sister Hua, what do you think about your new room?" Tian Zi asked in excitement as soon as Si Si could no longer be seen. "Elder Sister An Jing is the one that helped master to decorate the room when Master is a little stumped when it comes to a young girl's taste!"

"Really? Sister An Jing's choice is to my liking. The room is very beautiful!" Xiao Hua gazed at An Jing with admiration.

An Jing smiled and secretly wondered if Xiao Hua had thanked the Third Prince this way, but she doubted it. This younger girl turned shy whenever she was around the Third Prince. She certainly hoped that Xiao Hua had at least thanked the Third Prince, for the room was mostly done by him.

To take credit for the Third Prince's hard work would be the same as asking for punishment!

"Elder Sister Hua, please don't misunderstand, for the room was mostly decorated by the Third Prince. An Jing only helped in purchasing the materials." An Jing explained.

Finally aware that she had not thanked the Third Prince for that lovely room, Xiao Hua looked embarrassed. "I...I will properly thank him later."

"Do you love it?" Tian Zi asked and immediately received a guarded stare from the younger maid. "What is it?"

Xiao Hua was alarmed at the question. That's a trap! Is she the one the Third Prince sends to trick the secret word out of her?

"I like it." Xiao Hua dodged the trap with a vague reply.

"Only like?" Tian Zi voice could not conceal her disappointment and glanced at An Jing from the corner of her eyes with visible worry.

Xiao Hua: '...' Sister Tian Zi, why are you giving An Jing that looks as if my word would break An Jing's heart or something?

It was not that Xiao Hua does not fear she would hurt An Jing's feelings but the look that Tian Zi gave to An Jing made Xiao Hua felt as if she and An Jing were a couple!

"Elder Sister Hua, is there anything in the room that is not to your liking?" An Jing asked calmly but inwardly she was concerned. Their master had spent days to draw the bedroom plan and even pushed the renovation period shorter so that Xiao Hua gets to move into the new room sooner.

"How can there be anything not to my liking! I lo- I like it very much! I'm very happy to have such a beautiful room!"

Crap, she nearly uttered the secret code! That's right; the secret code is 'love'!

When the Third Prince whispered that word into her ears, she nearly melted into a pile of goo! The first thought she had from his word was 'This young lady wants to be confessed by this beautiful man! I'm ready to be confessed!'