Chapter 34

Chapter thirty-four.

Happy reading! :)

Emily's POV

"What do you mean you have known for a while?" I asked my heart dropping a little at his words.

How long?

"Just few months back." He said.

"How?"

"I had hired a private investigator to find you." He said slowly. I scoffed. A private investigator? To find me?

Then why did he lie when he said a few months back?

"What? So you knew it the whole time that I was pregnant with your baby. And why did you just decided to show up now? Not before." I yelled at him. I don't understand.

"No. I didn't know. Like I said, I got to know about brandon just two months ago." He explained. Oh well.

"But why did you hire a private investigator two months ago? And not two years ago when I left. Hell why did you even hire a private investigator! I was just your assistant. Nothing more!" I shouted. It doesn't make sense.

Could it be that, that he liked me? You just don't hire a private investigator for anyone. Right? No! No! I immediately crossed that thought. He never liked me. I remember his words after he slept with me. How much he hurt me.

The situation could have been very different if he had not reacted the way he did that morning. I probably would have told him about the baby.

All this is giving me a headache.

He paused. "Okay yes. You were my assistant but you were my friend too." He said. His eyes held desperation.

"Yeah a friend that you fucked and didn't give two shits after." I said bitterly.

He clenched his teeth. His eyes were full of anger. "Emily it wasn't like that." He said calmly.

I chuckled coldly. "Then what it was like daniel? If I remember exactly you said. ........"

He sighed. "I know. And I am very sorry for that. I was just-I just reacted in a bad way after sleeping with you." I rolled my eyes at his words. Reacted in a bad way! Huh.

I sat on the couch of brandon's new room. He would be very happy with this room.

"Whatever. Now tell me about all the creepy shit you did?" I said tiredly.

"Creepy shit?" The corner of his mouth lifted a bit as he looked at me amusedly.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah. I guess hiring a private investigator for someone classifies as creepy." Damn. I can't ever imagine myself doing that.

He chuckled. "I guess. So you remember when you were at a ball two months ago." He said. Me at a ball? Oh. Yes. I went there as a waitress not as someone's rich date.

I nodded and he continued. "I was there too." Damn. I didn't see him. "And I saw you there after so many time. And I wanted to talk to you but could not bring myself to." He said the last part quietly.

He couldn't? Really. I wanted to laugh at that but controlled knowing he won't appreciate. "So after that ball. I hired someone to look for you. Where you were and all that. So that's how I got to know about brandon." He completed.

I nodded slowly taking in the information he said but then a question popped in my mind. "Why didn't you come two months ago then? Why waited." I said.

"Okay. Enough questions for tonight." He said and I glared at him. He held his hands up in surrender. "Okayy. You know that it is a lot to take in that you have a son. I was-". He stopped and shook his head.