30 | I Love You

Move - Little Mix

30 | I Love You

***

  Graduation was so sad yet so exciting. I had shed a few tears at the speeches given and whenever I thought about how I wasn't going to see walk down the school halls again. The thought that I would never eat in the dining hall again or listen to high school drama was paining.

After we threw our hats in the air, I searched the area for Max. But, of course, I couldn't find him. Rosie has this extravagant plan of having me sing--which I can't even do--a song. She got the idea from the film Walking On Sunshine where the main character sang If I Could Turn Back Time by Cher. As romantic as it sounds, I honestly have my doubts. For starters, I can't sing so I'm going to make a fool of myself. Secondly, Max could completely disregard me.

I mean, if he sees I'm willing to embarrass myself for him, he might at least let me explain myself. But I'm completely forgetting about that girl he could be with. If he really likes her, there's no way he will leave her for me. I mess things up and I let him go.

"Do you see him?" Bree comes up and asks me. I shake my head in disappointment. She squeezes my shoulders in comfort and gives me a small smile. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn up soon."

I'm not.

"Group photo!" Molly shouts from behind me, drawing my attention to her. The rest of the group appear, along with Rosie and we all pose for a photograph. I smile, hoping nobody notices its fake. "Let's do one with silly faces!" She suggests and starts bouncing up and down in excitement. Rolling my eyes at her antics, I smile, for real and do as she says, pulling a funny face.

We pose for a few more photos and paired photos. Tiredness begins to overwash me. Who knew taking so many photos would tire one out so much?

My parents come back over to me, holding their little camera and take a few photos and then they leave, knowing I want to spend some time with my friends alone. I think I catch Max's parents at one point during the time but before I could pinpoint them, they had vanished.

"Guys, I'm going to dump my things in my car, I'll meet you there in a few," I inform them once we've finished taking pictures. We had planned to go out to the diner to get food and then, hopefully, we would go to Lawrence's house.

They nod their heads and I run over to where my car is parked. Slightly out of breath, I reach my car and unlock it, throwing everything in the back seat.

Finished, I turn around and stumble into a body. Muscular arms wrap around me, preventing me from falling. A familiar, musky scent fills my nose and jogs my memory. I could never forget that smell. His smell.

I peak up at his face through my eyelashes, my heart banging in my chest at the sight of his gorgeous brown eyes.

I feel as if I've been deprived of Max's eyes for so long. It's weird but true. I missed the way they stared at me, the way they would soften. I missed letting him hold me, keep me safe from everything. God, I missed him.