31 | The End

Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce

31 | The End

***

"No, no no!" I argue, shaking my head. There is no way he's going to make me do this! No way in hell.

Max pouts, pecking my lips. "Please," he begs. "For me."

Goddammit, he can't make that face. The cute one where he widens his eyes and puckers his lips. The way he's looking at me, it's not even fair. I can't say no to that face and he knows it.

"Max, stop it." I snap, stepping back. I glance back up at the ride, gulping at the number of twists and turns. The people on the carriage scream in terror. Yeah, there's no way I'm going on that.

Max follows my line of sight and smirks. "Stop doing what? I'm not doing anything. I'm just a boyfriend begging his girlfriend to join him on the ride."

My insides nearly melt when he says 'girlfriend', referring to me. Even after getting back with him a month ago, I still can't believe it. These past few weeks have been amazing. Since its the summer holidays, we have been trying to do as much as we can. We went to the beach the other day and we went on a date. Today, we invited the group on an overnight trip to Universal Orlando Studios.

Now I'm regretting it because Max wants me to go on the scariest ride here. I'm not a massive fan of rollercoasters. I have Acrophobia--a fear of heights.

"Max, you know I can't...handle those rides," I say, with a shaky voice. "Just ask Josh or Lawrence to go on with you."

Max stares into my eyes and sighs. "Fine," he says and runs a hand through his hair. "I'll just ask one of the guys."

With a triumphant smile, I watch him head off to find them. When he's out of sight, I turn around and search for the girls.

Then, suddenly, hands wrap around my waist and lift me up in the air. I scream in surprise and kick my legs. When I hear that husky chuckle, the one that sends shivers down my spine, I know exactly who is holding me.

Max.

"Are you serious?" I ask rhetorically. Max puts me down and spins me around, only to lift me up again and put me on his shoulder. My face stares at his back whilst my legs are in perfect sight for Max to see. Along with my butt. Wonderful.

Max chuckles when I attempt to slap the back of his head. I'm in an awkward position so it's a lot harder to twist my torso around and slap him on the head. I scowl and stop struggling. As long as he puts me down soon and doesn't take me to that ride, everything will be fine.

***

Everything is not fine. I'm about to be strapped up on the ride. Max had dropped me in the line with him and spent the entire time waiting in the line persuading me to get on it. After lots of begging and kisses, I relented. And now, as I'm about to get on the ride, I'm regretting it. Why did I listen to Max?

Fear is etched on my face. My hands tremble beside me and a lump has formed in my throat. I'm going to be screaming the entire time--I know it.

"Don't worry Sunshine, if you fall, I'll be falling with you," Max whispers into my ear and chuckles.

I slap his chest. "Not funny." I snap and take a shaky breath. The worker gestures to two seats and Max happily gets into the one furthest away. Slowly, I follow him. The man lowers the bar and checks how safe it is. When he leaves, I start to panic more. My heart pounds in my chest and my eyes are wide in panic.