Chapter 6-Blue Orbs

Word Count: 1905

Dawn Turner

Dawn Turner

"Is it too late for me to ditch the party, Skylar?" I let out a sigh while patting my gorgeous, yet itchy, white and golden dress.

"Well, I already told some of our old friends from high school that you'll be there so probably?" She looked at me with a pointed look. When she noticed that I wasn't convinced, she continued, "Also I know I said you don't have to come if you're not comfortable but you kind of already agreed to go and it would really mean the world to me?" She sounded more desperate this time and I felt bad.

"Okay fine, I'll go." I tried to hide the fact that I was disappointed but failed miserably. Still, she clapped happily.

"Thank you! I promise it will be a night to remember." She assured me.

And I was sure it would be. It has been exactly a week since I last spoke to Alexander and I don't think he'd be the type to threaten someone's life and then just leave them alone which leads me to believe that this party is going to be an open invitation to whatever chaos he has planned.

I had a very bad feeling about tonight but I already promised Skylar I'd go so I had to do it. Granted, she probably wouldn't be that upset if I didn't go but I always feel bad about breaking my promises. Not to mention, I never attend any of her parties, ever. I just can't ditch this one.

After we finished getting dressed, I went downstairs with Skylar following closely behind. "Good bye mommy!" Skylar smiled at my mother and left the house.

"She does realize I'm your mother, right?" My mom asked concerned.

"Yes, don't worry about it, mommy!" I laughed when my mom cringed. "Bye mom, love you!" I gave her a tight hug and she returned it with a smile.

My mom absolutely hated being called mommy because she was made fun of back in high school for calling her mom that in front of her friends. Apparently they thought it was weird for a high school student to call her mom that but I found it adorable.

"So who's welcoming the guests at your house right now if you're here with me?" I got in the car with Skylar and buckled my seat belt.

"My sister and her boyfriend, Zach." She shrugged while starting the car.

When she said boyfriend, I couldn't get the image of the guy whose eyes turned green in a split second out of my head. After everything I've been through, it's hard for me to convince myself that I just imagined everything anymore because I probably didn't but it's not like there's much I can do about it. If I tell anyone about what is happening in my life right now, they'll most likely think I'm crazy. I think my mom is already starting to think that now with how many pans I bought this week.

Skylar finally pulled up in the driveway of her house after a 15 minute drive and parked on the side of the street. There were too many cars surrounding her house already and it made me anxious. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut.

"Hey, be careful with my baby." Skylar moved her hands along the side of her car slowly and looked at it with admiration.

"Sorry, I just have a bad feeling about tonight." She walked over to my side and pressed her hand against my shoulder.

"Everything will be okay. We will drink, eat, dance, and have fun. You hear me? Cheer up Dawny-boo!" I cringed at her choice of nickname but nodded anyway.

"Never call me that again though." I gave her a pleading look.

"Noted. Now let's party! What could possibly go wrong?" She shrugged with a chuckle and I froze in place, giving her the coldest glare.