Chapter Six

"Two damaged people, trying to heal each other is love."                         

 ~R.H

Alex

I had no idea how the rest of the week passed. Things with Hunter were great. He was nothing like what I had expected. Call me whatever you want, but I had expected a geek with low self-esteem and many insecurities. Hunter turned out to be pretty much the opposite of that. He was confident and funny and so full of life. He acted as if nothing in the world could hurt him, but at the same time, he talked as if he had been hurt too much by everything.

Everyone I had hooked up with so far had been a turmoil of fun and hormones, not staying more than a few hours with me. And truth be told, I hadn't ever wanted them to stay longer. Every girl I had been with either thought soulmates were overrated or they were upset because they hadn't found their soulmate yet. But now, having found Hunt, I didn't want to fill that hole of any girl, anymore. Literally and metaphorically.

Which made this Friday night kinda exhausting.

Thursday had been Beth's birthday, which meant today we threw a party for her. And my friends knew how to throw a party. It was almost three a.m. I was already half-drunk, my throat was sore from all the smoking and singing, and my feet were killing me. I fell back on a couch and closed my eyes for a second. That was until I felt someone climb on my lap. I opened my eyes again and saw Libby, a classmate of Beth's with blue eyes and blonde hair. She was plenty curvy, and her dress, that was going higher and higher up her thighs, made it even more prominent.

"Hey, there big boy," she purred and ran her fingers through my hair.

"Libby... what do you want?" I replied, sounding a little more annoyed than I wanted. She fell forward, pushing her chest against my face, and her lips touched my ear.

"I want your dick inside me. Make me feel good Alex..." the way she dragged out my name made me push her away. I smelled the alcohol in her breath, but something seemed off.

"What are you on?" I yelled, to be heard over the music. She giggled and started moving to the rhythm of the music, whilst still sitting on me. Don came and fell next to me, laughing about something. "Dude, what is she on?" I asked him, nodding towards Libby.

"No clue. I did see Beth give her some sort of pill, though," he replied shrugging. Speaking of the devil, Beth appeared and she fell on Don.

"Baby, why did you leave me?" she whined.

"What did you give Libby?" Donovan asked her, his hands already on her backside. Her arm didn't seem to bother him, even though it was in a cast.

"Some ecstasy," she yelled back and leaned towards me. "She had been meaning to ask you to fuck her, but sober she is too shy".

"Yeah, well, I won't fuck her while she's high," I told Beth and pushed Libby off me. In fact, I won't ever fuck her. I got ready to sit up when Don pulled me back and to him.

"Come on, bro. She's been dying to have it. You've never before said no to a girl".

"I have when they were high or too drunk. She can't give consent like that..." I said and pointed at Libby who was currently licking dry a plastic cup that used to contain alcohol. "Look, I'm going home, keep an eye on her," I told Don and started to take off.

Yes, my friends' parties were great, but they were all filled with booze, drugs, and sex. And while I wasn't one to say no to sex or alcohol, I did have an issue with drugs. The only I used was weed and even that I used rarely. Drugs, they fucked you up. Badly. I was only twelve when Chris had gotten addicted to coke but I would never forget how ugly it was.