11. I'm her Island In the Flood.

Lisa walks into the hospital room with red puffy eyes, her heart breaking at the sight.

The doctor is doing a check up on her. Sandara is in the waiting chair with Seulgi and Irene on the couch asleep.

A hand slips into hers. It fits like a puzzle piece, and it's warmer than the hot chocolate she was holding in the other hand.

"Hi monkey," Jisoo smiles weakly.

Lisa wonders how she can be this happy at a time like this. How she could be this strong, when she was weak.

"Hi Unnie," Lisa gives a small smile back.

"Is that hot choco?" Jisoo whispers out.

"Yeah. I was going to get you one, but I thought it'd be better for you to have chocolate milk." Lisa says, setting her drink down to pull it off her jacket pocket.

"Thanks Choco-mate." Jisoo says quietly. Her eyes are barely opens and they can see that she's fighting to stay awake. "Where's my Jennie?"

As if on cue the younger girl steps into the room. Her eyes are as irritated as the rest of them. A weak smile on her face as she holds the white bouquet of Daises in her hand.

A loud continuous beep scares them all. Making Jennie rush to Jisoo's side.

"It's okay. Nothing to worry about. Her heart rate just suddenly elevated." The Doctor says.

"It's cause Jennie is here." Jisoo whispers.

Soft smiles slip onto their faces while Jennie feels a blush cover her cheeks. Jisoo reaches for her hand and she accepts.

"You should sleep Jichu," Jennie says, trying not to cry at the state her girlfriend was in.

"I don't want to...I want to see your face for a little bit longer."

It makes a tear slip down Jennie's cheek.

Sandara has to look away from the scene before her. It pains her as a mother to watch.

"I love you Kim Jisoo. Promise you won't forget no matter what." Jennie whispers shakily.

"I promise Kim Jennie..." Jisoo manages to say before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

"She'll be weak for the next few days. We'll let you know more when the tests come back. I'm sorry I'm not able to tell you more at this point. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be back later in the evening." The doctor says, bowing before leaving the room.

Sandara stands up after him, rubbing Jennie's arm comfortingly. "I'm going to take a walk. Let me know if anything happens Okay?" She kisses the side of Jennie's head before kissing Jisoo's forehead. "Keep fighting baby." She whispers.

She leaves the room and Lisa follows after her, a few tears in her eyes.

"Eomma.." Lisa says weakly.

Sandara turns with glistening eyes of her own. Not hesitating to pull her into a hug.

"Shh Shh Baby everything will be okay." Sandara soothes her sobs although her own tears started to run down her cheeks. "She's strong. She can get through this. We can get through this as a family okay? Jisoo has always been strong for us. Now we'll do the same for her."

"She's Not even gone and I miss her." Lisa cries.

"I know baby, I know..." Sandara rubs her back. "Everything is going to be okay."

•••

A few days pass and Jisoo starts showing signs of improvement to the point where she can be sent back home.