#14. The Girl Who Tamed Johnny Storm » Johnny

I was sitting in a room with Sue and Alicia. Sue was my Maid of Honor and Alicia was my Bride's Maid. I had known both of them for the longest and they were really my only female friends.

Today was the day that every girl looked forward to. My wedding day. And like any other girl on her big day, I was nervous.

"Stop moving," Sue told me. "I'm gonna burn you."

"That's Johnny's job," Alicia teased. The three of us laughed.

Sue was trying to straighten my naturally curly hair. Keyword: trying. It wasn't going too well. No matter how hard she tried, my hair would still be a little bumpy. Finally, Sue gave up and grabbed a few bobby pins and stuck my hair up.

"There. Perfect," she said. "You look beautiful, Jazz."

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I did look beautiful. I was wearing make up, which I usually never do. I had on my beautiful wedding dress, which I adored with all my heart. And, now that I had my hair done, Sue was putting my veil on.

"Were you this nervous on your wedding day, Sue?" I asked.

"I was a lot worst," she said. "But remember, I had tried to get married three times before. I was expecting disaster at this point."

I laughed. "Well, lucky for my, my husband-to-be isn't a Reed Richards so hopefully nothing goes wrong."

There was a knock at the door. I turned to see my father. I knew what that meant. It was time.

Sue smiled at me and put a hand on my shoulder. She didn't want to ruin my hair or make up, so she just took Alicia's arm and led her out of the room. I stood up myself and decided it was time to change into my heels. I wasn't a fan of heels, but Sue was making me wear them for the wedding.

Dad extended his arm towards me. I carefully made my way towards him, trying not to trip up in my heels or my dress, and took his arm. This was it. This was the moment.

Dad didn't say anything, but I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was proud of me and he thought I looked beautiful.

I heard the music starting to play. Johnny and I weren't getting married in a church. We were getting married in the backyard of my parents' house, then we'd be going somewhere we could be alone for our honeymoon.

Dad led me out of the house and into the backyard. Everyone stood once they saw me. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, but my eyes were planted on my soon to be husband, who was waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

I didn't notice I was walking until I realized that I was getting closer and closer to Johnny. Finally, I was standing right in front of him. The priest began to speak, but I had tuned him out. Because all I could focus on right now was Johnny.

When Johnny and I first met, it was back before this whole Fantastic Four stuff. I knew he was something of a player, but I couldn't help loving him. Soon enough, we started dating. 4 years into our relationship he popped the question and now here we are.

I finally came back to reality when the priest said, "Now, Jonathan and Jazmine would like to read their vows to one another."

There was a moment of silence before Johnny said, "I guess I'll go first."

He cleared his throat and began. "Jazmine, when we first met, I knew there was something about you. After that whole cosmic storm thing turning us into super humans, girls wanted me just because I was famous. I liked that, at first. But I realized I wanted something real. I wanted someone to love me as Johnny Storm, not as the Human Torch. And you were that someone. I'm glad I met you, Jazmine, cause I'm positive that my life would suck without you. You are everything to me. You are amazing, you are beautiful, you are the greatest thing to happen to me. I never thought I could be tamed until you came along. You're the girl who tamed me."

I smiled, tears welling up in my eyes. I blinked them away so that they wouldn't ruin my makeup.

"My turn then," I said.

"Johnny Storm, from the moment I seen you, I knew what you were. A player. A heartbreaker. And, even though I didn't want that in my life, I couldn't help but fall head over heels in love with you. And none of that changed when you turned into the Human Torch. I've seen you at your worst and at your best and I promise you that I will stick by you for both. Having these powers isn't easy, I know that. And no matter what happens, I'll always be here. Because I love you, Johnny Storm. You are everything to me and I have no idea what I'd do if I were to lose you."

There was silence. I sniffled and blinked away my tears again.

"That's it. I'm finished," I said, causing the everyone to laugh.

"Okay then. The rings?"

My little cousin came up with the rings in hand. I took Johnny's and Johnny took mine. I went first. Johnny held my hand in his and had the ring hovering over my ring finger.

"Do you, Jonathan, take Jazmine as your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better or for worst till death do you part?"

"I do," Johnny said and slid the ring on my finger. I smiled through my tears of happiness. In the end, they fought their way to fall down my face.

"And do you, Jazmine, take Jonathan as your lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better or for worst till death do you part?"

I nodded, but realized I had to say to words. "I do."

I slid the ring onto Johnny's finger. We both turned to the priest, who declared, "You may now kiss the bride."

Johnny and I wasted no time attaching ourselves to one another. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist as everyone cheered. In the end, everything was wonderful and amazing. I was finally Jazmine Storm, the girl who tamed Johnny Storm.