First kiss (Jaemin)

The sky had begun to darken and the bustling at the campsite had increased. Y/N helped Haechan and Jaemin lay down sheets in a tidy circle around the campfire. "That should do," Haechan announced when they were done. The savoury smell of the stew that Taeyong was cooking over the fire made her mouth water.

"You hungry?" Jaemin asked as he observed her eyeing the pot.

"A little," she confessed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'll go check if it's done." He walked over to Taeyong and kneeled by the fire. Y/N watched him as he talked and laughed with the older boy.

"You two should start dating already." The sudden voice startled her. She turned around to see Haechan, who a had smirk on his face.

"What are you talking about?" She said, feigning ignorance.

"Your feelings for each other are painfully obvious. But neither of you is willing to take the initiative," he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Jaemin doesn't like me that way." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, he does. He flirts with you all the time," Haechan argued.

"He flirts with everyone, even you." Haechan opened his mouth to reply, then closed it and nodded in agreement.

"That's just how he is," he admitted. "But he doesn't look at everyone the way he looks at you, you know, with those moony eyes." He scrunched his small nose and made weird gestures with his hands. Does he really? She thought. "Don't look now," Haechan said with a sly smile. "While the two of us have been talking, Jaemin has already glanced at us a dozen times."

Y/N whipped her head to face Jaemin, who quickly lifted his eyes off of her and looked back at Taeyong. She felt a familiar feeling in her stomach at his small gesture. "I said don't look!" Haechan said, infuriated. Y/N chuckled and went off to help Lisa with the drinks.

When the food was done everyone took a bowl and helped themselves with the stew. Y/N looked for Haechan and spotted him sitting cross-legged on the sheets, a bowl of stew in his hands. She walked over and sat beside him, enjoying her meal. When everyone else had their tummies full of Taeyong's satisfying supper they started seating themselves on the sheets, forming a circle around the fire. Jaemin walked over and sat cross-legged to Y/N's right, his knee lightly touching hers. Y/N kept her eyes on Doyoung, who had started singing, and others started to join him.

Y/N got up from her place to fetch another glass of soda for herself. She filled her plastic cup with the carbonated drink and stood by the tent. The campsite was brimming with music and laughter, Y/N watched as Jeno moved his fingers deftly over the guitar strings and the rest sung a camping song. "You're not going back?" She turned her head and saw Jaemin. How long has he been there?

"In a while," she answered. Jaemin poured himself a drink and took a gulp.

"I'm going for a walk, want to join me?" Y/N nodded and the two of them started walking away from the campsite. They passed beneath trees until they came into open space again. The campsite was out of sight, but the sound of music was clearly audible.

There was no source of light but for the full moon. When Y/N raised her head the sky was cloudless and was dotted with a thousand stars. She took a deep breath of the fresh, cool air. Jaemin was looking at the sky too, she observed. "It's pretty," she said.

"It is," he agreed. He started walking on the bank of the stream, and Y/N joined him. As they walked, their hands brushed together a few times, making her nervous. Soon, the sounds from the camp had grown quieter.

"I think they've started to pack up," Y/N said.

Jaemin nodded. "Let's head back." The two retraced their steps, heading towards the thicket of trees.

Y/N moved a thin branch out of her way, oblivious to the little branchlet poking from underneath, the sharp end brushed against her cheek as she tried to walk past. She took a step back and hissed, putting a hand to her face. It didn't sting much since the branch had only scratched the surface. "Are you alright?" Jaemin asked, worried. "Let me see." He cupped her face to examine the injury, but then leaned in close and covered her mouth with his own. Y/N gasped in surprise, which allowed him to deepen the kiss.

He's kissing me, she thought. And I'm kissing him. His soft lips were moving effortlessly against hers. When they broke off to catch their breaths, they were red-cheeked and breathing hard. Y/N had just experienced her first kiss and didn't know how to react. Jaemin saved her the effort as he smiled goofily and took her hand in his, walking them back to the camp. This time, she ducked beneath the branch instead of pushing it aside.

When they reached the campsite, she could see people retreating to their tents. "I'll see you in the morning," Jaemin said as he let go of her hand. Y/N nodded shyly and walked towards her own tent that she shared with Lisa.

xxx

I don't know about you guys but this chapter gave me the feels.