Chapter 96

THiS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE EMOTIONAL!
You will remember a lot of stuff!
Tell me if you do remember!
Continue the lines if you can😉
COMMENT ON MY WORK!

***

With that I fell on my knees.

I felt like everything around me stopped moving. Like there was nothing left in this world. Like I lost a part of me.

I looked at his face and I felt my vision get blurry. The oxygen mask was helping him breathe. He never needed help with anything. Especially with breathing. Being around him made breathing hard for others. The heart monitor was beeping dully. His ocean eyes weren't here. They were closed.

All I wanted was for his damn eyes to open. I wanted him to laugh at me. To call me a child for reacting this way. I wanted to see his devilish smirk. I wanted to hear the word princess roll out of his tongue.

I wanted him to fucking wake up.

He had to be kidding me. He had to be playing an evil prank on me.

"Chris" I whispered.

My fingers wrapped around his and I clenched my teeth. I squeezed his hand as hard as I could. He didn't stiffen. He didn't look at me with that glare of his. He did nothing. He stayed there. Motionless.

"Please, Chris" my voice broke.

Nothing. Silence.

I brought my forehead down to his knukles, closing my eyes. I didn't know what was happening to me. I couldn't understand what was going on. Only months ago all I wanted to do was win the game.

Now, I was working for the enemy mafia. I considered them a part of my famiglia. I was crying for Christofer. A man who is a ruthless murderer, my enemy.

But as I sat down on this hard ground, looking at him in this condition I felt as though my heart was breaking into little pieces.

I cared for Chris. So damn much. I wanted him to be here with me. To open his eyes. So damn much.

I wanted to hear his sarcastic remarks.

No. I didn't want it. I needed it.

He saved my life. He killed that man because of me. He is on the verge of death because of me

"Fuck" I swore.

"Open your eyes!" I said. The memories in my head tortured me. I tried to take a deep breath but everything kept swirling in my head.

"What is your name"

My eyes widened at his question. Surely I couldn't tell him my real name, could I? I had no other chance.

"I don't like repeating myself. Hesitate for another moment and I'll blow your brains out" He promised.

"Gabby" I splattered in fear.

"I asked you to tell me your name, sweetheart. And you are telling me a pet name?" His tone was dangerous.

"Gabriella" I whispered.